lost posts

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkie

Reaction score
Hi SJ,
Whenever I try and click on a post to read it, I keep getting this message:
'No posts exist for this topic'
Just thought I should let you know.
Cheers

It seems to occur when a thread has stretched over say 2 pages, but then admin deletes some messges and the thread shrinks in size back to 1 page.
For some reason the thread still shows in preview as having a page 1 and 2, and when you go to page 2, you get that message that Pinkie has posted. Moving back to the previous page shows you the latest message for that thread.

i tried to add something to a longer post the other day and it came up with a msg similar to that and wouldn't let me post it.

Speaking of things going missing i went to post a better pic of my gravid childreni but the thread was gone. I thought i better ask first incase there was something wrong.

:)

We recently delete/banned a member and if the thread was started by that user, it would have been deleted too. Than may be the reason.

I had to delete few posts becaose our old friend my self.tT hat all contributed to it.

Me too

Yeah - I've deleted quite a few posts recently. Or rather, I combined several posts into a single post from some people, to reduce the number of items people have to go through in a topic, to reduce the time taken to download for members with modems.

Speaking of which, I have removed my signature file graphic for future posts. Being on broadband, I didn't notice the size of the file, as it loads very fast. However, as it was 100K, I figure it would be annoying too, for modem users. Sorry folks! :oops:

HINT: if you make a post, and need to say more, edit the existing post, rather than creating a new post, if applicable. Simply posting extra items to add a few words is annoying and unnecessary.

:)

Phil, Ohhhh you ARE awful! :oops: I bet you say that to all the boys! :lol: Ok - I'll turn it back on, just for you! But if anyone experiences delays because of it, please PM me and I'll get rid of it again. Thanks! :wink:

Yeah, I am dial up too and had no probs with it David. I spose if anyone has limited downloads, it may be a problem for them though....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back