Mac mite spray question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auguriim

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Is it really effective? 2 of 3 of my blue tongues have mites but I made sure to treat all of them. I sprayed all of my tanks using Mac mite spray as well as the rest of my room, i gave them all baths in warm water and a few drops of dish liquid while their tanks aired out enough. It says to repeat treatment weekly and not to rinse the tanks and reptiles. is it still mandatory to bathe the lizards daily or just let the spray alone do the work? I’m so confused and I really just want the mites gone fast and just wanna be sure this Isn’t a waste of time and money. i might consider getting frontline spray. can I use both mac mite and frontline together?

take everything out of the enclosures, spray it down, use butchers paper or any white paper as substrate, + a water bowl + a hide, nothing else

Repeat weekly untill you dont see any more dead mites on the paper, ideally you would have a seperate tub or enclosure to keep them in away from the enclosures

Just spraying it down wont do anything unless u take everything out, get in all the nooks and crannies etc

Last edited:
Hi REGG1E
I have had success treating a whole collection of carpet pythons by coating them lightly in canola oil, only once. It stopped the mites feeding long enough for me to spray their enclosures and the whole room twice about 48 hour apart. You will have to spray at least twice, as any mite eggs in the enclosure during the first spray will probably survive. Good luck with the little #£#$&@s.

Thanks for the responses so far. all their tanks are as bare as I could make it without stressing them and have paper towel for bedding. I don’t have anywhere else to house them in except an outdoor play pen.

and thanks CF Constrictor I’ll try your method, i have vegetable oil on hand i assume it does the same as any other type of oil?

Latest posts

Back