Mail with a sting in its tail

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

herptrader

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Published: 6-26-2009
Source: Australian Customs web site
Author: Joint media release: Customs and Border Protection and AQIS

The detection of a package containing two live tarantulas and two live scorpions by Australian Quarantine and Inspection Service (AQIS) officers at Sydney's international mail centre has led to the execution of search and seizure warrants by Customs and Border Protection investigators on a house in Doonside, NSW.

Read More...

Do you think they will be euthanised?
Sometimes these inverts get kept and used for educational purposes so I hope these young animals get a chance.
Specially since they are endangered species.

Wow very cruel in those sized canisters, yes they live in burrows but temperature issues etc. Hopefully they get Quarantined and then passed onto a zoo. Is the T a red kneed mexican? They dont look that lively too me(just a guess observation) condition may be the deciding factor whether to euthanise or not.:?

To me they looked very similar to Australian species but they are not my speciality. I had to go back and read the release to double check.

I cannot think that any of the zoos would be able to find them of much use but there are other institutions.

just had a look through all those pics. looks like emerald tree boas and albino burms are pretty popular on the smugglers list. heaps and heaps of gtps in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back