making a 3foot fish tank into a home for bearded dragons.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyCalais

Reaction score
so I've heard like 1000000 things I need to do. But this is coming from people who have a friend of a friend of a sister that has them. I think I'll trust the experts on here yeah? :lol:

any advice is amazing!
cheers

Just need a lid, uv light, heat light and thermostat, substrate, food and water bowl and your set :D you will be able to find this at most pet shops or even on this site Good luck

Haha you pretty much just need to make a lid for it with somewhere to attach basking and UV lamps. Then just furnish it however you want and it's good to go

Damn Cadwallader you beat me to it :p

just got told that I have to cover the 3 sides with something to keep the heat in

Last edited:
If you want it to remain clear and to keep the warmth in, you will need to double glaze it by either having another piece of glass on all sides or using perspex etc. You need to achieve a sealed air pocket for warm air to get trapped in. Also acts as a barrier to help stop heat escaping, thought is not as good as sheeting it in wood or something similar.

I keep my beardies in a glass fish tank with no problems at all. And I know a lady who sucessfully keeps and breeds all types of lizards in an enclosure that is basically just a wooden frame (and bottom) with mesh sides. As long as you provide them with a basking site that allows them to get up close to the heat source, you'll be fine. If you come from a cold state, it might be a different story during winter, but in summer you'll be ok.

Yeah you can use glass it just takes more to stay warm cos it transfers heat well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back