Man faces beak (??) over (snapping) turtle

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

herptrader

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I saw a few of these in the wild when living in Canada. They can get BIG!!

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/man-faces-beak-over-turtle/2007/07/04/1183351291915.html

js05n_turtle_wideweb__470x316,0.jpg

I thought they lived in Florida, USA not Canada?

There's some really large specimens at the Australian Reptile Park at Somersby, NSW

The one at the rreptile park is huge it looked like it was on the same diet as Eric

(a Chicken a day keeps the doc away)

I thought they lived in Florida, USA not Canada?

There's some really large specimens at the Australian Reptile Park at Somersby, NSW

The one I saw up close was when I was assisting in the supervision of a school canoe / camping trip on "Lake of the Woods" in western Ontario. It may not have been the Alligator snapper species but it looked very similar to this one. It had been disturbed when the kids were jumping from a rope swing into the water. I had a broken shoulder at the time (not real good when you are in a canoe :rolleyes: ) so I was confined to watching from a nearby rock.

That's funny (sort of)...

Two questions - one gramitcal - why is it:

or 10 years' jail for the alleged importation

Notice the apostrophe after the s in years??? Why is that there... I know it's nothing to do with the report, I just want to know...

And secondly... has anyone ever had 10 years or the $105000 fine reported? They continually talk it up, but I never see any results!

more likely he will get slapped with fine of a couple of hundred dollars as the offense is definitely at the low end of the scale. Stating the worst case scenario is probably misrepresenting the situation.

i think its sad, it lived in the sewers for 21 years :(
cheers
brad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back