Marble Velvet Gecko hatchlings help and advice PLEASE

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geckodebz

Reaction score
Hi fellow gecko lovers... I need some advice please. I have recently purchased a trio of Marble Velvets geckos... And they have given me 4 eggs...two hatched last week and two last night. My question is, I'm concerned about heat. The adults are in an Exoterra enclosure with a daytime temp of around 28 to 30.
My incubator is set at 29. Now these hatchlings have arrived, I have put them in seperate little containers with dry sand on the base and a little cardboard cubby to hide in, and have put them in the incubator. I'm not sure if this is the correct thing to do...and what would be the ideal temperature for them... Any and all advice would be gratefully received and accepted. Thank you in advance. PS I have previously raised Barking Geckos but Velvets seem to have different care requirements...
Dee 🦎

Sand is not recommended as a substrate for Marbled Velvets, due to their potential for swallowing it. A small stack of non-flat bark pieces from a smooth-barked gum tree is good, or pieces of this on paper towelling. An average ambient temperature around 27 degrees C is desirable but not much hotter. hope that helps.

Back