MBD Lacie made it into Danny Browns "Big Book"!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RSPcrazy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
My "Big Book" by Dr Danny Brown turned up today!
It is MASSIVE! 3.5kg of book according to my scales.

Lacey (my lace monitor with MBD, caused by the previous owner) got a couple of photos in it too. It's good to see photos of her, after her unfortunate and sudden passing :(

We had a good run, R.I.P. She is now immortalized on paper, for the world to see for many years to come.

Now everyone will be able to see her, and the consequences of inappropriate husbandry!

My copy arrived yesterday also, SUPERB book!!

Its a great book, big thumbs up to Danny. how embarrassing for the pervious owner to see the massive neglect published. To get in that bad of a condition, doesn't happen over night.

Do you think someone who neglected the Lacie so much would even bother to own such an informative tome :) ..........................Ron

Do you think someone who neglected the Lacie so much would even bother to own such an informative tome :) ..........................Ron

Probably not but hopefully everyone will, It has so much useful information in it.

Probably not but hopefully everyone will, It has so much useful information in it.

I would hope so too. But unfortunately, only people who are truly passionate about reptiles would end up buying this particular book, only because it's very expensive.

But luckily, Lacey made it into 2 books. The other is by Dr Robert Johnson and is much more affordable for the average keeper.

there are so many back stories to so many of the images in the all the books in the series! My copies turned up today....the python book is a visual feast!

there are so many back stories to so many of the images in the all the books in the series! My copies turned up today....the python book is a visual feast!

I was thinking about getting that python book too, but wasn't sure on it.

How is it compared to "keeping and breeding Australian pythons"? Mostly in regards to housing and breeding details?

Would it be like an updated version of this book?

Adam Elliott's Python book is very different to the Mike Swan book. Lots more hands on info. lots more pics and because it was all written by one author, more consistent if the way the info is presented.

As Danny suggests it's a very different book to those previously published. I found the morph, disease chapters very good as is the species accounts. The single author provides a more consistent read for the buyer.

cheers
scott

Wish I had enough to buy a copy, this is one of the best books I have seen! Very sorry to here about your beautiful lace monitor. At least she will leave a lasting memory for many years to come!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back