mice

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sarahbell

Reaction score
we just got some mice to breed but dont know much about breeding mice
some one told me to keep them cold is this right

Don't know about keeping them cold. I've bred the smelly things for about 12 months without problems at ambient temperatures.

If you keep them in cages, make sure that the cages have VERY small gaps! I found that when they are weaners (i.e. can run around) they are small enough to fit through the smallest gaps - mice all over the house!

I find it's best when they drop a litter, to put the mum and babies in an aquarium. Just be sure to isolate them from each other. They'll attack any mice that they haven't been living with! :shock:

Sometimes it helps if you move two sets of mums and pinkies into an enclosure that's new to all of them, as they haven't established a territory to defend.

hi sarah
i live in biloela qld
and with relation to that cold thingy
in the summer time if they get too hot they wont breed the preg females will not give birth and also they will die
and it doesn't have too be that hot for this too happen
i know from experiance
i hope this has helped
sc

Optimum breeding temperature for mice, and to keep 'em alive, I have heard is 22 to 25 degrees C. Just what I've heard so don't shoot the messenger :)

I used to keep mice under my house at our old house. It is brilliant! warm in winter, cool in summer. We had no worries with the smell entering the house, no access for flies etc. At the new house, I have had to bring them inside. I put 'em in the shed and lost a whole heap of them on a stinkin hot day. Now the back of the house stinks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back