Mimicking bad weather

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nicman72

Reaction score
Just curious, and this question applies to all reptile keepers. Does anyone go to the lengths of simulating rotten weather for their reps? I don't think my beardies have had a 'bad day' since I've owned them, and when it's pouring with rain for a few days in a row, I often think how LUCKY they are to be indoors, under their warm lights! But I wonder... would they actually appreciate the odd cold, wet day? And if so, how would one re-create that indoors? Just thowing the idea out there...
Nic

my beardies love cold wet days when there outside they just sit on there logs in the rain. they also like being squirted with the hose. as for creating that indoors just turn there light off and spray they alot for a few days. lol

Yeah it's a bit hard with indoor enclosures, with not making a mess but I have in the past a couple of times I've sprayed the whole enclosure and saturated the beardies. Most of the time they just lay there with their eyes shut. Then will sun bake after I finish and dry off. I don't think they mind either way.

Yeah it's a bit hard with indoor enclosures, with not making a mess but I have in the past a couple of times I've sprayed the whole enclosure and saturated the beardies. Most of the time they just lay there with their eyes shut. Then will sun bake after I finish and dry off. I don't think they mind either way.
Yeah, my dragons all LOVE a hose in the morning, followed by a bask in the sun on their favourite log, and I'll mist them every now and then in their tanks too... I'm more wondering about reproducing extended periods of crappy weather, you know, like those cold wet weeks that we can get, when I'm assuming all the wild lizards would just lie under something somewhere, all cold and wet (and miserable? do lizards get miserable? lol)
Nic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back