Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

someday

Reaction score
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
hey guys.
just bought a olive python and a bhp
the bhp is only 4months old and the olive is only couple months older
ive just bought a 4by2by2 tank with 2x hides just wondering will tehy be fine together for a couple days?

Keeping two snakes together is never a good idea. Even more so with BHP's as jungle pointed out

Keep them together for a couple of days and you wont need another enclosure.

put one in a click clack (plastic tub) untill you get its enclosure sorted. if you care for the python's well-being keeping them together is not an option.

hey guys.
just bought a olive python and a bhp
the bhp is only 4months old and the olive is only couple months older
ive just bought a 4by2by2 tank with 2x hides just wondering will tehy be fine together for a couple days?

Surely you're not SERIOUS??? This HAS to be a trick question, right???

Why can't people just do their homework and research BEFORE they get animals..... :rolleyes::facepalm:

it would be nice to see them crossbreed black headed olive seems nice, i d keep them together and see what happens

Quarantine? thats that guy who made the movie 'kill bill' isnt it?

Oh, no.... thats right, he's Quentin Tarentino ;)

I wouldnt be keeping them together.... either make a divider for the big enclosure or get the other one up and running asap..... or the click clack idea..... otherwise you will only have to worry about one snake anyway ;)

there together while i wire up an old tank i had for my coastal 10years ago removed wireing to put into a bigger tank thats with coastal now but ill seperate them now putting 1 in a plastic tub

Good idea mate, glad you came on here to get some information. Probably would have been wiser
to research before you put them together but all okay if seperated. I suggest you do a lot of reading through this site to
get yourself up to speed with husbandry requirements. Anything you are not sure of ask, plenty of people here that will help.
Good luck.
Nice looking BHP by the way.

Prolly the fact you got the 2 snakes at about the same time (and that the BHP is smaller than the olive) saved you alot of dramas. Neither snake had had time to claim the enclosure for himself yet..... so no territory issue. The enclosure was new to both of them at the same time :lol: If it had been the other way around (big BHP & small olive) I think you would only have one snake for sure by now :shock:

Both nice snakes by the way ;)

I reckon the BHP is sniffing the olive thinking "dang! just wouldnt quit fit...... yet:)"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back