Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nook171

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hey ppl i wondering if i could see some pics of moniters and goannas and how much they cost
as im looking at buying one for my dads b-day as he loves moniters and goannas
rgds nick

Heres some pics of mine. They are spencers monitors and yellow spotted monitors (they are the ones with the yellow spots ;)
The spencers cost between around $200-400 and the yellow spotted monitors probably cost a little bit more on average.
The spencers monitors are good because they are not as bitey as some of the other large monitors.

There are also alot of nice little monitors but i dont keep any yet myself.

Attachments

• Picture 068.jpg
    Picture 068.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 57
  • pics 085.jpg
    pics 085.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 60
  • pics 112.jpg
    pics 112.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 64
  • pics 1.10.06 007.jpg
    pics 1.10.06 007.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
These have been up before but here is a pic of my lace monitor set up (give your old man some ideas for when they get bigger) and my male lacey, I need to take some new pics soon. Lace monitor hatchlings usually go for around $500, not sure what the other different species of monitors go for though…..

I like that yellow spotted monitor you have there cris, how old is it? And do you have any full body shots? thanks........

monitor.s

Here is some photo's of my Sand Monitor's (Desert Form) the cost of these beautiful Sandie's
can be around $250-00 to $400-00 each for a juvenile, depending on the form and size and
how colourfull they are.
They can be a little bit on the shy side at times, where they will run of and hide when they see or hear you coming, and they don't like to be handle much at all.

lf you want a tame monitor that you can handle sometimes, you could not go pass a Ridge-Tailed Monitor, they would have to be one of the most beautiful and easy to handle monitor's you would want to keep.
The cost of these beautiful monitor's is around $100-00 to $275-00 each depending on what form you get.
And the best form to look out for a the Red Sandfire form from Pilbera WA, they have more red and brown colour on them, lf you got a copy of the last Reptile Australia Magazine, there is a picture of one on the front cover.:D

Last edited:
my dad has a garden shed set up for a moniter but hasnt got 1 in it as u can tell is 2.5mx2.4mx1.7m is that big enough for a lace or a spencer???

my dad has a garden shed set up for a moniter but hasnt got 1 in it as u can tell is 2.5mx2.4mx1.7m is that big enough for a lace or a spencer???

It would be ok for a spencers but maybe a little bit small for a lacy.

Monitors

Sand Monitors are good to keep.

Attachments

• Sandy 01.JPG
    Sandy 01.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 62
sandies are the way to go

Attachments

• flavi.JPG
    flavi.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 47
Status