Monitor Breeders Queensland

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jason haskins

Reaction score
hi everyone I've just moved to the gold coast from the uk and still finding my bearings when it comes to keeping reptiles in Australia,
Ive still got to get a license but doing some research first can anyone help me?
I'm trying to find monitor breeders around my area or a very good breeder that delivers reptiles. not in a massive rush as still unsure on which monitor I'm going to choose as choice is a little different in aus.
any help would be much appreciated.

My advice would be to research and determine which monitor you want, then source a breeder or seller. It'll be much easier that way.

i think its probably easier to see what is available to me first before i choose, my luck would be i would choose a species and not able to locate a breeder. are there any big commerical breeders in Queensland or just small private breeders. also any reptile shops in south Queensland

Welcome to OZ matey... SPF 50+ I first off recommend [emoji12].. like stompie said find out what it is you might like.. eg sizes.. some get quite large.. which i definitely wouldn't suggest... a smaller monitor or even a couple of them would be a good start.. i started on Ridge Tail and was so happy they are curious and always on the go... and with some patients hand feeding is not out of the question.... and they are a perfect size of around 60cm.. so keeping a couple of them in a decent enclosure should provide no issues... as for breeders thats a tough one.. this forum is a great start and you'll end up with a heap of advice... i know a lady called miss Phantom fangs is down your way.. she has a FB page but as i am not on it im unsure of the name.. she also has a YT channel i know she breeds monitors amongst other reptiles.. she could be a good start... and i also recommend a web page. reptilesdownunder.com but like anything is a 50/50 on these sites so far i have been lucky and hot some amazing animals.... first off Jas i say read up and prep a enclosure with all the right things.. heating lighting hidespots climbing etc.. and remember poat up and ask helps of questions.. hope this has helped in some way [emoji108]

add me on instagram murph_BTK

thanks mate for the info, i forgot to say I've had many years experience with snakes, crocs and lizards back in the uk, I've owned many different species myself and a very good friend of mine has a reptile shop back in the uk, the problem I'm finding is what license do i need to get for monitors and cant seem to find any breeders out here of any type of monitors. i had to sale all my reptiles before i left the uk ready for the move to Australia, only been out here 4 weeks and trying to figure out all the different regs out here.

https://www.qld.gov.au/environment/plants-animals/wildlife-permits/recreational-licence/ - In Queensland, you need a recreational license to keep any reptile... as far as I can tell, there is no species list. There are restrictions however, on a recreational license, you cannot keep vens and are limited to 2 restricted reptiles.

As far as I can tell, to get better information, you are best calling them and asking specific questions.

Also, as for breeders in Australia.... there are plenty. However, you'll probably need to speak to the right people to discover them.

http://reptilesdownunder.com/ is good also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back