More help with SAHD eggs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trench

Reaction score
It is day 69 and last night I noticed that two of the eggs looked to be a bit wet which is strange as incubation substrate was looking a big dry, after checking them I found that the moister was coming from two of the three eggs and to day one of them is now about 2 thirds of the size of the other two. the other egg does not seem to be much different in size.
So my question is how long before hatching do the egg shrink and do they all shrink at about the same time or does very?
Thanks

the one right next to it is the other one that looked a bit wet but did not shrink

Attachments

• IMG_4581.jpg
    IMG_4581.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 81
It was less than 12 hours between when my eggs become wet and the babies ripped their egg open. Just before they do this the egg will dimple and become soft. Just remember they will stick their head out the egg first. Leave them until they leave the egg themselves as they are absorbing their yolk. So from picture one to three was around 36 hours. Sorry about the quality they were taken with my phone. The best thing to do is just be patient they will come when they are ready.
12022012001.jpg13022012003.jpg13022012004.jpg

It was less than 12 hours between when my eggs become wet and the babies ripped their egg open. Just before they do this the egg will dimple and become soft. Just remember they will stick their head out the egg first. Leave them until they leave the egg themselves as they are absorbing their yolk. So from picture one to three was around 36 hours. Sorry about the quality they were taken with my phone. The best thing to do is just be patient they will come when they are ready.
View attachment 270484View attachment 270485View attachment 270486

whats that lizard ?

Cathy

Its a southern angle headed dragon. He is playing dead because i picked him up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back