Morelia spilota whistle/strange noise

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KraftAwakened

Reaction score
My m. s. harrisoni started making strange noises after the humidity was too high for 2-3 days - I've attached a sample video. My vet did some tests, found bacteria, and gave him an antibiotic. After 8 days of treatment, I got him back and the noise was still there but not as loud as it used to be. After a few days, it's back to the previous level and my vet has no idea what could be the cause. Snake is eating fine, looks healthy, and has no signs of any infection, humidity is around 50-60%, temp 32-31 in the hot zone and 25 in the cool one. The sound is like he is trying to quickly push the air through his nouse and he does it when he moves. The current idea is dry mouth etc so I'm trying nebulization but there is no change. For the bedding i tried aspen and coconut chip.

Attachments

• video-1638451467.mp4
    648.6 KB
Bump the temps up to 33-34

did it shed recently before the noise started? Sometimes a leftover piece of shed can create a whistle noise over the nose

I’m betting the temps are too low and it’s the start of a RI, bumping them up will fix it

I will try to bump the temp, he shed already after the issue started and will again in 3-4 days.

Latest posts

Back