Morning Herp

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ad

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
Took my boy for a walk this morning and found a few herps.
A lovely sub adult lacey, an unknown gravid skink and a water dragon on the fly!
Cheers
Ad

Brilliant Ad, where abouts did you go? The skink is a Bar-Sided Skink, I like the colouration of the Water Dragon, I can remember two years ago when I started looking at keeping herp there was a guy with 'caramel' water dragons, they were a solid 'caramelish' light brown colour, I havn't seen any for sale since, but I have seen a nice one with the same uniform colour that sits on an old tree stump outside the botanic gardens on the main road on the way to Toowong cemetary, you can see him there every morning if you keep an eye out, as well as one at Alburny Creek in North Bris.

P.S The last turtle finally finished treatment yesterday(the other guy didn't make it) so I'll work something out with my parents about those Mullets.

Thanks Zard and Pete, I was happy with that pic - just turned the camera to 'sports mode' cause I thought he would run and he did.
Dicco, the skink was a beautiful shiny, healthy speciman and as fat as a cow! Thanks for the ID. I was in Daisy Hill National Park. The water dragon is coloured from mud, most we saw were, you can see his leg is shedding a bit. I have definitely seen the colour phase you are talking about though.
Any time to pick up the mullets, good news on the turtle.
Cheers
Ad

Great stuff Ad,

I have never seen a water dragon that colour before, are there many like that in your area?

awsome pic of the water dragon!!!

that water dragon looks great, great colour. and i agree with the others, thats a great picture of it on the run

Beautiful photographs, Ad. And isn't it fantastic so see them healthy, happy and hopping about free!

Dicco said:
I like the colouration of the Water Dragon, I can remember two years ago when I started looking at keeping herp there was a guy with 'caramel' water dragons, they were a solid 'caramelish' light brown colour

Many years ago in my area there were creeks that had these guys. They had a real caramel/tanny gold colour to them. My friends and i labelled them "Golden Water Dragons" :D Unfortunately these creeks were destroyed for new houses. Havent seen any like them since.

Great shot of the dragon on the move Ad. I have seen quite a few of those mud dragons around gippsland 2. :D

Awesome pics! The Lacy didn't seem to mind you taking the pic, the skink seemed very relaxed and the Dragon running is cool (it is so clear). I'm sure there could be a few caption bubbles associated with this pic..... :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back