Mouse Thief!!!!!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

guzzo

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
View attachment 150243View attachment 150242View attachment 150241

Hello All,

A few days ago I noticed that my prize breading buck mouse had gone missing.

The mesh at the top of the tub was slightly lifted and I assumed he had somehow escaped and was amongst my camping gear.

Today I decided to unpack the gear to try to locate my mouse.

When I picked up the last thing (bag of tent pegs) I did not find my mouse.....but instead ....suddenly...a dark flash shot out and bit at my hand - very agro thing!!!.

There on the ground was a dark snake which I think is a Slatey Grey.......I got the broom and gently lifted it into a plastic garbage tub before releasing it in bushland behind my house.

Can anyone confirm what snake my mouse thief is?

I think it is exactly that.
A Slaty-Grey Snake (Stegonotus cucullatus).

Thank goodness it was just a slatey grey and not something that could have done you some damage.

I know,

I have since cleaned out the outside cupboard and only have the mice cages in it now. I will be able to see if there are any more unwanted visitors.

Been away on holidays for two weeks...come back today....The fellow I had looking after my animals when I was away rang me a few days ago saying he could not feed the mice as there was a big black snake in the outside cupboard....he is not a snake person so I said to leave it till I get home......sounds like my friend is back.....wonder how many mice are left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back