Multiple (2) Womas in same enclosure?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Licespray

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Seems every zoo I see has multiple woma pythons in the same enclosures, well, typically 2. If one had a male and a female can they normally be kept together?

I’ve always just gone by the “1 snake/enclosure” rule. (Will be continuing with this)

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Seems every zoo I see has multiple woma pythons in the same enclosures, well, typically 2. If one had a male and a female can they normally be kept together?

I’ve always just gone by the “1 snake/enclosure” rule. (Will be continuing with this)
Don’t cohabitate snakes.
Unless, you have a massive enclosure
Then just do a pair.

People bitch and whinge and berate when it comes to the topic of cohabiting pythons. I usually say your snakes your choice, and hey, same deal here, but Womas are among the worst options for cohabiting, with the highest chance of ending up with one or both dead. When in feed mode, they're very tenacious, they'll grab anything which moves, and will even sometimes attempt to kill water bowls, rocks, paper, etc, and once they start, they're very difficult to convince to let go. If this happens with another Woma when you're not there, you'll probably end up with a dead Woma. They're probably literally the most likely Australian python to kill a cagemate, Black-headeds being a close second.

Your snakes, your choice, but I'd strongly recommend against it.

Man my woma doesn’t behave like that at all lol. She’s pretty coordinated and only tries to eat the presented food.

Man my woma doesn’t behave like that at all lol. She’s pretty coordinated and only tries to eat the presented food.
Lol, that was my first BHP for two years. The he decided anything was edible, including me and everything else.

Snakes aren't a Sociable animal, they are teritorial and will kill any other Snake. I live and swear by One Snake per Enclosure ideals. Like Bearded Dragons, they might live with each other for years but one day you wake to find a dead Dragon. People don't realise that the jaws of a Bearded Dragon can apply enough pressure to crush the skull of another Beaded Dragon. With Snakes they show a battle of Strength where the lesser animal retreats, if you put them together with nowhere for the looser to retreat to will mean death for one of them. As previously mentioned, it is your choice but my recommendation is to not put them together unless they are to mate and even then, remove them after the deed is done.

Latest posts

Back