Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoshsAussieReptiles

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
I am a keen interest in the localities of the Murray Darling Carpet Pythons and have over the last few years acquired a group of animals of various locality. One is that of a 'Barmah' Victorian from Kevin Welsh as well as a 2.1 trio of 'Dajarra' individuals from Kelly Nowak (Kel Worley lineage).

At the moment, I am trying to track down any remnants of the Roy Pails "Mt Hope" Victorian Murray Darlings, I've spoken to Roy directly and unfortunately he does not have access to the contact information for anyone involved in the project once he moved it on.

Additionally, I was curious about the Simon Stone 'Victorian' animals as seen in the article linked below (Pg 5) via the Southern Serpents website. Does anyone still breed anything from these individuals or have they gone by the way side?

https://southernserpents.com.au/pages/inland-carpet-python
If you have any other locality information both Victorian or elsewhere I would love to see it as well.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!!

Still on the look out for locality specific Murrays or information about them if anyone has any suggestions feel free to let me know!!!

Any locales aside from the Gammon Ranges (believe these are something else all together imo) animals are of interest. Specifically the Victorian stuff that seemed to be more common 5-10 years ago if anyone has any suggestions or leads I'd love to hear it!!!

Last edited:
I’m chasing an adult male if you’re looking to part with any? 😅 send me a message :)
I'm afraid I have none to spare, there is occasionally adult males posted on Reptile Classifieds but as I'm sure you've found they are rarely available at the best of times let alone adults!

No worries :) struggling pretty hard to find one! Lost my male due to old age from my pair, was absolutely spewing!
Sorry to hear, I saw an ad for some hatchie boys on Gumtree the other day but I've not seen any adult animals for sale for a while I'm afraid.

These are the two males. They are stunning snakes, photos just don't do the rusty reds justice. I highly recommend having a chat to Kelly about them. They are just awesome and seem to be a smaller sized animal as well.

IMG_0686[1].JPGIMG_0687[1].JPG

I’ve heard they’re smaller! I love they yellows/reds/oranges that show in the younger animals
Yeah the yellow seems to be somewhat isolated to that one or two animals that Worley posted, most seem to hold more of the red orange range. Kelly has had them max out at about 1.2m if not smaller.

Yeah the yellow seems to be somewhat isolated to that one or two animals that Worley posted, most seem to hold more of the red orange range. Kelly has had them max out at about 1.2m if not smaller.

I hear stories about localities of Carpets which max out at 1.2m or less, especially Jungles. I 100% call BS on there being any race of Carpets that small. Other than an oddball runt or malnourished individual etc, any type of Carpet will exceed 120cm.

Latest posts

Back