Murray River short neck turtles.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mcloughlin2

Reaction score
Can anyone help me out with breeding Murray short necks.

I need to know:

How to sex them? (Looked in google but found alot of different opinions)
What size do they need to be?
Does age matter?
Can they breed in a large tub with a 2ftx1ft platform in it with a deep layer of sand about 10cm deep?.

Cheers

Sam

Help for sexing short -necked turtles

Sam,

There are a couple of good publications that you may not have seen or read, both are worth getting for yourself.

The first is 'Keeping Short-Necked Turtles' (Emydura Species). This book gives good info and is from Australian Reptile Keeper Publications ( a sponser of this website), also available in pet stores. Some good pictures and info for you about sexing and breeding of short necks.

Secondly, 'Australian Freshwater Turtle Caresheet' - A Comprehensive Husbandry Manual for Keeping Australian Freshwater Turtles written by Craig Latta. This can be downloaded from http://members.optusnet.com.au . Again some good pictures and info about the sexing, breeding and incubation of eggs.

Hope you find them helpful, I certainly found both these publications helpful on a number of issues pertaining to short necked turtles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back