My baby Bearded Dragon keeps burrowing under his bark Help?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
coil or tube, you will still get problems if you dont have a basking light to cut through it. And 10% is what they need. 5 wont cut it, uv needs to be a maximum of i think 6-8 inchs away from the dragons basking spot for the uvb to have effectivness, taking them out in the sun for 30 mins a few times a week is a good idea also.

1131035 a fantastic staple to feed with your greens if you are looking for something easy is squash. Pretty much all woolies stores have it, you can cut it into little strips raw or softened (left in boiling water for a few minutes). Some woolies also sell endive.
ok this is were i get confused. Is the squash you are talking about, butternut pumpkin?

ok, like this? Sorry but l get confussed sometimes cause the americans call butternut pumpkin - squash.. just had to check :oops:

Attachments

• images[9].jpg
    images[9].jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 14
Yeah, does the yellow squash have seeds, and if so do I need to remove them?

I agree, I have kept beardies on and off for 12 years now and never had a problem with sand and have never fed them out of their enclosure. Maybe with tiny ones for convenience it may be easier to use a non particulate substrate, but as I said, I have never had a problem with adults or hatchies on sand. Bark on the other hand could cause problems.

maybe it was the type of sand idk but yoda big mother of a boy of mine 2ft was on fine grain sand....nearly died....back on compact red desert sand after 2 weeks of being in a 2ftx2ftx2ft hospital enclosure just laying there.....and baths everyday because of severe impaction got him back. so fine grain stuff is a big NO NO

file:///Users/Tim/Pictures/Dragons/P1100419.JPG

You will be happy to know that I have found great bulk watercress and endive at safeway/woolworths. This will now be used as my babies staple. They also have a hide and a greater climbing basking spot. They seem to do be doing well, fingers crossed. I am planning on putting up pictures.

Besides from this does anyone mist their dragons? I saw chris humphries Wild life dvd and he mists his dragons often

Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back