My Childrens Python is burying itself

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barroth

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm a very recent snake owner (only got my lil Hebi yesterday), and I'm just concerned regarding my childrens python burying itself. Is this a normal behavior I should expect? She's buried herself in the hide on the cool side under the substrate. I've got a heat pad that's at 33 degrees and a hide on the hot side (which is where she usually kicks back in). I'm just a little worried ':).

Hi, it's pretty warm, so it will be fine, it'll move back to the warm hide when it wants, and feels safe to, no need to worry, it could move tonight, or even in a few days, no drama, assuming your set up is AOK.

If it's a young'un you could switch to paper towel next clean to prevent it burying - so you can peek into the hide and see it.....

Hi, it's pretty warm, so it will be fine, it'll move back to the warm hide when it wants, and feels safe to, no need to worry, it could move tonight, or even in a few days, no drama, assuming your set up is AOK.

If it's a young'un you could switch to paper towel next clean to prevent it burying - so you can peek into the hide and see it.....
Thank you for your reassurance :)))

Latest posts

Back