My Custom Enclosures.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bit of progress on the snake toilet. Some beautiful used bowling green carpet came into my possession for naught, i laid it out (or half of it) this morning and i'm pretty happy with it. Don't know if it's the deadly astroturf that has already been spoken of, but it's pretty nice out there now, and cooler than it was when my snake was on the concrete.

snaketoilet1.jpg

snaketoilet2.jpg

Bit of progress on the snake toilet. Some beautiful used bowling green carpet came into my possession for naught, i laid it out (or half of it) this morning and i'm pretty happy with it. Don't know if it's the deadly astroturf that has already been spoken of, but it's pretty nice out there now, and cooler than it was when my snake was on the concrete.

View attachment 334561

View attachment 334562
The "deadly" astro turf was only a problem for dragons etc. The loop pile would catch their claws, there was an alternative that didn't have loop pile . But since yours is only for snakes it doesn't matter either way .
BTW I recognize your avatar, it's a scene from Kill Bill. I can't remember the girls name, 1 of the crazy 88

The "deadly" astro turf was only a problem for dragons etc. The loop pile would catch their claws, there was an alternative that didn't have loop pile . But since yours is only for snakes it doesn't matter either way .
BTW I recognize your avatar, it's a scene from Kill Bill. I can't remember the girls name, 1 of the crazy 88
Nah, was about temp. But they don't like the bare concrete for sure in the sun. I just don't have a grass area, and the guy next door who didn't mind me taking them over to crap on his lawn, has been feeding the local kookaburras.

I can put the hose on this stuff and wet it before the guys get out on it too.

Yes Gogo Yubari, been my avatar for decades.

Short skirts/long socks. Cookies/cream. Pork chops/applesauce.

Little update to say that all astrorturf is not eqal. Some guys doormat in the sun is not eqal to my bowling green after i've tipped 50 l of water on Whodat.

Guys are happy with it, despite the experts.

snake98.jpg

Back home sooking now.

snake99.jpg

Other idiot.

snake101.jpg

No matter how placid and tame they are....

DSCF1829[1].jpg

My big guy hasn't struck me in about two years i reckon. Always the danger zone when you are getting them out, never know if they are off in a dream world when you startle them.

Next thing i want to incorporate into my enclosures is a breeze sometimes. My guys all just love laying on the table with their head into the breeze. They'll lay like this for hours.

snake102.jpg

This guys tank will be easy, a caged computer fan on a timer on top of the mesh of his tank, or attached to the inside on one of the walls.

The big enclosure will be harder to wire up safely, but with a bit of thought i reckon i can work it out too.

Next thing i want to incorporate into my enclosures is a breeze sometimes. My guys all just love laying on the table with their head into the breeze. They'll lay like this for hours.

View attachment 334923

This guys tank will be easy, a caged computer fan on a timer on top of the mesh of his tank, or attached to the inside on one of the walls.

The big enclosure will be harder to wire up safely, but with a bit of thought i reckon i can work it out too.
use a PC fan wired up to an old phone charger near one of the vents, this is what I use in my incubator. Low voltage and slight breeze

use a PC fan wired up to an old phone charger near one of the vents, this is what I use in my incubator. Low voltage and slight breeze
Yes, that is my plan, but the mesh will bugger up the flow, and the bottom tank only has seams for vents. Needs a bit more thinking than that, as i said.

If it was that easy i would have done it already.

I meant put the fan inside not outside

Ahh yes, that is the plan, just need to figure out hot to do the one that has little to tie it to and get the fans with good covers or get some covers made.

Put Snakes mezzanine back up yesterday. It was a hanging hammock with three strings to make it a challenge for him. It was fun for him and me as if he didn't get it right going up or down he'd tip himself off.

snake64.jpg

I took it down a year ago, as i was worried he'd cut himself on the dacron i had it held up with.

Got a mate to make some brackets for me and installed yesterday. I reckon it will have him pretty happy and stop him hanging off the lights all the time.

snake53.jpg

New look, split level home.

snake108.jpg

snake109.jpg

Great Success! As Borat would say.

Went to take JP out to the outdoor toilet yesterday as he looked like he needed it.

The large Magpie that was giving me the hard stare discouraged that, so i took him into the other bit of bowling green i have in my shed.

Those of you guys who have toilet trained your snakes will know the look, hell my neighbour next door knows the look. :D

DSCF2345[1].jpg

DSCF2340[1].jpg

I'll save you the graphic images, but suffice to say he's much emptier now than he was.

Clean up was hot water and 100% Sodium Percarbonate.

DSCF2362[1].jpg

Yes, that is my plan, but the mesh will bugger up the flow, and the bottom tank only has seams for vents. Needs a bit more thinking than that, as i said.

If it was that easy i would have done it already.
Hey mate, jump on ebay and check out the hydroponic fans, even a 4 inch pumps out 10 times the airflow of a computer fan, I have used them in enclosures for probs close to 20 years, they can take moisture and humidity and are compatible with pvc fittings or ducting which helps with really neat installation.
I mainly use activ8 brand cos they are cheaper but still last 4-5 years in my wet af bio active rainforest vivariums.
Computer fans run super hot and in my experience are dangerous and untrustworthy (unless they are in a computer).

Latest posts

Back