My Enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDew

Reaction score
Okay, So I'm new to reptiles, and I have a fish tank I've previously used in the past. So I was wondering which species would be suited to the size of the tank.

I drew this up to get an idea for the measurements...

asset.php

Idk If you can read it, The left is 400, bottom is 600 and right is 470, they are all approximate. Sorry It's hard to read :(

So I'm just wondering If you guys can name any species that would happily fit in there.

P.S. I'm not sure if this is in the right section, but I guess it'll get moved if it's wrong...

I'd be fine buying a bigger enclosure, just wondering whether anything'd be able to fit comfortably.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Hi there [MENTION=40161]TheDew[/MENTION], my experience with reptiles is limited to pythons and in that area I'm still rather n00b... From what I've read there seems to be a general consensus about looking for an enclosure to suit the reptile you want, rather than a reptile to suit the enclosure you currently have.

I've built several enclosures in the short time I've been keeping and have found that enclosures which are notably long or tall hold a better temperature gradient than more 'cube' like ones (for lack of a better description). In saying that, there are recommended sizes in the NSW COP for the various species available, perhaps start there :) I look forward to seeing others' suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back