My grandfather the herper.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonno from ERD

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
G'day guys,

My pop is one of those eccentric grey nomads...his 4x4 and caravan are worth more than my last house!

Earlier this year he drove from Brisbane to Alice Springs via the Simpson Desert, and then went and did the Canning Stock Route. It was in winter, but he still managed to find the following...

Photo 1 - Nephrurus levis sp. As you can tell by my pops hands, he's worked hard all his life!

Photo 2 - Gehrya sp. Was found active during the day?

Photo 3 - Mulga Snake Pseudechis australis that lives permanently in the well. Apparently it's being there for 7 years and can't get out.

Photo 4 - The sign above the well.

Attachments

• Knobby_pop.jpg
    Knobby_pop.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 123
  • pop_gehyra.jpg
    pop_gehyra.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 91
  • kingy_well.jpg
    kingy_well.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 143
  • kingy_well_sign.jpg
    kingy_well_sign.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 143
does that mean for 7 years he's been drinking snake poop.

my grandparents dont get that close. the glass needs to be closed. or a hear a loud 'whoawhoawhoawhoa' (you know, old people wailing)

hAHa your pop as probaly found more geckos than i have lol(i normally find the usual house species, and like yeh. Wish my pop was still alive(died few years ago of cancer) other wise, he would be coming herping with me all the time, he loves stuff like that!!!

Good to see the interest runs in the family and I'm envious of his trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back