My guppy just gave birth! HELP!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At quite an early age the anal fin on a male guppy or most live bearers gets to look a bit like our own equipment in minature and on the female there is a dark patch behind the anal fin!. Also as I understand it the have about 3 lots of young from one mating,aned up to 90 young at each birth.The adults will scoff the young as fast as they pop out ,angels love em!feed the young on liquid livebearer or as was said crushed flake!!.

keeping Mangrove jack in any water is fun my friend has 3 in seperate tanks. one in salt water is about 2.5 kilo he will eat practically anything. i've seen him devour a 25cm whiting (live) in no time

Robert said:
Love my mangrove jacks.

Anyone know much the "flowerhorns"?.
All i know is they are a red devil cross.

Yeah, most of the original flowerhorns were midas/red devil x synspillum but nowadays they are so far inbred that they dont need to hybridise anymore.

I did try and breed a red shock f/horn with my female red devil but the f/horn was too much of a little b***h boy so i sold it and im just leaving the red devil to herself now.

Amy said:
Thanks for the help people! Have a smaller tank I will use to house the preggers guppies until I can sort something more permanent out. I will go buy the fry food and see how we go.

Ta heaps
Amy

with regard the fry food.. guppy fry are actually one of the few things that can be fed flakes. u just crush it up really fine and they'll eat it no worries. no need to buy other stuff. just what i was told and did without any fuss.
cheers
pete

get some boiling water for the new borns, dont know why but the results should be interesting :twisted:

If u want healthy fast going fry feed them Artemia naupllii (baby brine shrimp) then when they are larger feed them chopped up bloodworm and blackworm and then finally the food you are feeding the parents.
Ben.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back