My new gecko enclosures

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glider

Reaction score
Well it took me a lot longer than I expected, but my new bank of gecko enclosures is finally finished, all ready for my birthday!

It's a custom solid pine stand which has 4x custom 2ft tanks and 2x custom 1ft tanks, mounted on industrial strength drawer-runners so I can slide them out for easy cleaning and to check underneath for eggs. I chose to have heatmats covering half the floor area of the Nephrurus tanks (instead of the usualy 1/4-1/3) as they have always spent the vast majority of their active time on the heatmats in the past, and since they are on glass tanks with airflow underneath, a good gradient is easy to achieve and the cool end is always plenty cool. I provide a hot hide, a medium hide in the middle, and they like to dig their own hide in the damp cool sand at the deep end. I haven't finished all of the lids yet, which are made from aluminium flyscreen window frames cut to size with aluminium flyscreen pressed into them.

At the moment it houses my U.Milli colony on the bottom shelf, N. Levis Levis pair on the 2nd bottom shelf (you can see the female out swanning around if you look carefully), my spare male N. Pilbarensis in the small tank, my N. Pilbarensis trio on the 2nd top shelf, with the top shelf reserved for my Amyae when they arrive later this season, and a spare small tank for whatever takes my fancy.

What do you think?

Attachments

• Gecko hilton 1.jpg
    Gecko hilton 1.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 172
  • Gecko hilton 3.jpg
    Gecko hilton 3.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 139
  • Gecko hilton 4.jpg
    Gecko hilton 4.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 99
I had the stand made by an aquarium stand maker, and the aquariums made by a wholesale manufacturer, and they took about two weeks before they were ready. I sanded and varnished the stand myself, and if I'd had all the stuff ready to go it would only have taken a weekend to put together, but I've been so busy it's taken about 4 weeks to organise!

Yeah each tank is set back from the edge about 2cm's so when it's in place it's completely on the shelf, and the rollers lock into place when pushed back. The runners are very strong and the whole thing is very solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back