my new olive python wont eat

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gus23

Reaction score
hey just posting this thread here as well I recently got an olive python from an expo nearly 2 weeks ago now and she has yet to eat i messaged the breeder and he said to leave it in her cage either on her or near the entrance to her hide and neither has worked she has pooped so i know she has eaten something before i got her and i was just wondering if anyone had any tips i am not to worried because it is still early days i was just hoping someone might have some tips for me :)

First steps
What enclosure...
What temps are you running
How old is the python

First steps
What enclosure...
What temps are you running
How old is the python
the enclosure is big enough for her to completely stretch out and move around with plenty of space its not super big tho i will need to measure it up and she is a hatchling i am unsure of her exact age and the hot spot is 35 degrees and she has a cool spot of about 25 i am also trying to feed her fuzzie mice as that was the size suggested by the guy who sold her to me

Last edited:
Let her settle in, she will let you know when she is feeling comfortable with the new situation/surroundings. Do you have enough hides for her? One at both ends of the temp gradient?

Let her settle in, she will let you know when she is feeling comfortable with the new situation/surroundings. Do you have enough hides for her? One at both ends of the temp gradient?
i just picked up some foliage for her today and put it in so she has a few more places she can hide away in the leaves on the cooler side she was out and about when i came in but she quickly dashed off into her hide once she realised i was here

Back