Name for spencer monitor

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Azza123

Reaction score
Hi guys new to the site but not new to keeping reptiles.we have just got a male spencer monitor and having problems thinking of a cool name for him. All our other reptiles are named by my young daughter but don't think any names she comes up with suits such a large strong reptile. Was hoping you guys could help to come up with a name for him

Haven't had a naming thread in a while. Maybe Hulk or Godzilla? I'm terrible with names lol.

If you can, post a pic. He might have a discernible we can use to name him.

hi guys thanks for the suggestions so far.We already have a spencer named spencer
I'm terrible with names as well

- - - Updated - - -

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_4256 (1) (2).jpg
    IMG_4256 (1) (2).jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 530
Looks like a "Jose" to me, lol. Pronounced "HOR-hey".

So my partner came up with the name Motion, as in Motion Spencer which I thought was really clever haha
My contribution was Mark, as in Mark and Spencer the UK chain. Other than the obvious Spencer, those are all we've got right now!
For the record, our Wheatbelt Stimson Python is called Whil Wheaton

I would suggest a comprehensive baby name book. Very good for helping you to pick names. :)

Tiger, stripes, spike umm maybe Archilles (I've always loved giving names from greek mytholgy to your pets haha).

I usually name my snakes after Greek/Roman/Norse/ect gods, for example Apollo, Hades, Odin, Cronus, Hermes, Zeus, Mars, Jupitar and many more, these are just some I could think of off the top of my head. Usually people associate ancient God's names with power and strength, perfect for a monitor. If you google Greek/Roman/Norse/ect gods you'll find many long detailed lists including names and the meanings.
Hope this helps,

I usually name my snakes after Greek/Roman/Norse/ect gods, for example Apollo, Hades, Odin, Cronus, Hermes, Zeus, Mars, Jupitar and many more, these are just some I could think of off the top of my head. Usually people associate ancient God's names with power and strength, perfect for a monitor. If you google Greek/Roman/Norse/ect gods you'll find many long detailed lists including names and the meanings.
Hope this helps,
Exactly what I mean! Especially those medium to large monitors such as a spencer!

As Iquana said, go Cronus. Just don't let him around his kids...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back