Nano Exo Terra ...escape proof ????

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tasdevil

Not so new Member
Reaction score
pt2601-nano_top.jpg

I have a nano exoterra that I use keep small skinks, it is empty now so I was thinking of placing my 2 month old diamond python in it. However, I was told that this type of enclosures is not advisable for small hatchlings, because they will just escape.

I checked the gaps at the front door and top cover and it seems it is to small for it to fit through. At the moment I keep it in a click clack container, but it would look cool if it stays in the exo terra.

Is there any chances that it would escape?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

I wouldn't think so becouse there built to be escape proof and why would they be escape proof if there built for all types of reptiles? Unless you have a crack in it :/

I have a nano exoterra that I use keep small skinks, it is empty now so I was thinking of placing my 2 month old diamond python in it. However, I was told that this type of enclosures is not advisable for small hatchlings, because they will just escape.

I checked the gaps at the front door and top cover and it seems it is to small for it to fit through. At the moment I keep it in a click clack container, but it would look cool if it stays in the exo terra.

Is there any chances that it would escape?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)
Was it someone with snake experience and were they telling you this from past experience or just something that they had heard? I would think that if your small lizards did not get out then your diamond would probably not. I know Stimsons are known to escape artists from small gaps.

Was it someone with snake experience and were they telling you this from past experience or just something that they had heard? I would think that if your small lizards did not get out then your diamond would probably not. I know Stimsons are known to escape artists from small gaps.
garden_skink.jpg

......I heard of the escape thing from a reputable breeder, but I do not know which aquarium is he referring to.
I had some garden skinks ( 5-8 cm ) in my nano exo terra for a month and it never escaped. It was only the
extra small crickets that made it out.

I would think that your diamond would be safe in there then. Realistically though a click clack is usually the best environment for your snake and the easiest.

Ive had a few of the older exoterras and Ive had a snake able to escape from 2 out of 3 of them. The lid clicks down, but side to side movement where it sits into and clicks just gives enough for the snake to push one side and give the clip just enough movement to pop out. The old ones didn't have the option of the light box on top like in the photo so the new models could be so much better

Some older models of the Nano Exo Terra had these plastic tabs on top that you had to snap off to allow an electrical cable (for a filter, heater), these gaps (if you don't have a cable running in) would be the only source of escape that i can think of.
Newer models have this plastic slide system that allows one to four cables in with a snug fit.

I dont use the Nanos but I use the 30x30x30cm and larger for many small species, never had a single escape.
One of the main reasons I use Exoterra is they are more secure than the sliding door options, small hatchies can squeeze out between the glass on those.

I had my Marbled Velvet gecko escape from mine (not a nano) about 4 days ago, but that doesn't count because my idiot boyfriend left the tank open overnight :'(
I've never had anything escape from my exo terras when they remain closed though.

I have a small yearling escape artist, sorry I mean Stimson, in a 45x45. As it has two doors in the front rather than one so its got more gaps, the Stimmie has never gotten out.

I got mine for the same reason mentioned above, the gap between sliding doors wouldnt halt a yearling Stimson for a second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back