Need Help PLease Yearling frilled Dragon

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jad0076

Reaction score
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
Hi guys i just recently adopted a yearling frilled dragon from a friend as he was no longer able to keep it. The thing is im not to sure on how big this lil guy should be hes 30cm from head to tail, and 3cm wide on his skull and 3cm wide on his belly, he has just recently done a full shed while he has been in my care and he has gotten alot plumper then when i first got him. I have been feeding him as much as he can eat , his diet is mainly large crickets dusted with calcium and vitamin d and other vitamins included in the powder, i try and catch him a bunch of diffrent insects the ocasional moth or two and cockroach.

If anyone knows how big he should be and any pointers on how to get this guy back to full health id appreciate it.

please find photos below cheers.!!

Attachments

• IMG_0896.jpg
    IMG_0896.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0895.jpg
    IMG_0895.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_0894.jpg
    IMG_0894.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 111
He looks ok to me, could do with a bit more fat on him. The size sounds about right for his age. My only real concern is whether he got enough calcium+ vitamins in his early days.
Keep it up with the insects :)

Just be mindful of what the bugs you have caught him have on them. Like with roaches they could have crawled through any chemicals and be fine till he eats them so just be careful :s

Frillies do have a high UV requirement, I use a MVB for mine. Other than that, sounds like you're doing everything right.

Is it in a glass tank? Has it got some decent branches to climb up on?

Make sure he does not become dehydrated. Fine mist every day.

Also be sure to provide vertical perches.

Make sure he does not become dehydrated. Fine mist every day.

Also be sure to provide vertical perches.

I stole an idea from Viperkeeper that works amazing for my Frills. Get one of those squeezable lab bottles that have A long nozzle on it. Just point and aim for their mouth area and they will start licking when their ready. I got sick of using A spray bottle as my hand cramped spraying 100,000,000 times for each lizard lol

Ha ha yeah I know what you mean.

If you have a large enclosure to spray I find those white & green coloured 5L pump spray bottles from Bunnings are a handy investment.

They are great if you have other herps that need spraying like GTP's, scrubbies etc.

For sure mate I use the 2L from Coles but need to upgrade as it runs low every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back