Need Help With Geckos

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leahellem

Reaction score
Hi everyone was just wondering whats a good beginner gecko to start of with i have this exterra cage 60cm high by 45 by 45 was suppose to be for a pair a green tree frogs but decided to change now just need abit of help and right requirements for them as iv looked at several sites they all say different things thanks :)

Any of the Oedura or Strophurus species would go well in that size.

Keeping Australian Geckos by Rob Porter is a relatively cheap publication with info for beginners, just ask Smithers ;)

what do i need for them like lights heat and so on thanks

I would get Oedura Marmorata.
They just require a bit of heat. I have mine set up with a under tank heat mat connected to a thermostat.
They are awesome and love climbing.

what lighting do you need for geckos like heat, uvb heat pads??? i want to make sure i get the tank setup correctly before i purchase them also i went to the gold coast oet center today and seen they were selling quiet a few different geckos they all ranged round 100 is that a good price or should i try buying one or two from a breeder thanks for the help guys

pet""""

Oh really is that all, i ready to go out and buy all the lights and stuff was thinking they have to be somewere around the same setup as other lizards wasnt to sure though thanks for the info im really excited now saves me abit a dosh now, another quit question how many could i keep in a 60cm by 45cm by 45cm tank thanks

no problem mate.
They are nocturnal animals so they require no uvb or basking. Just a bit of warmth for their tummys.
you could house 1-3. I have one male. Others have 2 females and 1 male. Be warned they will breed though if you house them together.

Oh ok cool thanks for info will be hopefully getting some soon thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back