Needing Advice on Blonde Spotted Python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Macca86

Reaction score
I've recently came across a baby Spotty in my garage which almost fell on my head when i closed the garage about 3 weeks ago. So mom must have had her babies in the roof and this one decided to go lay on the roller door. He/She is about 30 cm long, ive had a couple of snakes in the past so thought id keep this one because ive always wanted a spotty. It was pretty snappy but has calmed down in the last week after handling it frequently, so it must be getting used to me. I've got it in a small plastic reptile container with newspaper as flooring with a hide rock and heat rock for the meantime, it is always hiding inside the rock and never seem to be curled up along side the heat rock.

The problem is that since ive had it which is almost 4 weeks it hasn't taken any pinkies yet. I've tried several times but just can seem to get it to take a pinkie and just starting to get worried that it might starve to death. It will strike the pinkie out of defense but will let go straight away. Is force feeding an option? Is there anything else that i can try to feed it i.e small gecko or crickets or meal worms??

Appreciate any feedback!

I've recently came across a baby Spotty in my garage which almost fell on my head when i closed the garage about 3 weeks ago. So mom must have had her babies in the roof and this one decided to go lay on the roller door. He/She is about 30 cm long, ive had a couple of snakes in the past so thought id keep this one because ive always wanted a spotty. It was pretty snappy but has calmed down in the last week after handling it frequently, so it must be getting used to me. I've got it in a small plastic reptile container with newspaper as flooring with a hide rock and heat rock for the meantime, it is always hiding inside the rock and never seem to be curled up along side the heat rock.

The problem is that since ive had it which is almost 4 weeks it hasn't taken any pinkies yet. I've tried several times but just can seem to get it to take a pinkie and just starting to get worried that it might starve to death. It will strike the pinkie out of defense but will let go straight away. Is force feeding an option? Is there anything else that i can try to feed it i.e small gecko or crickets or meal worms??

Appreciate any feedback!

Mate, this animal needs to be released back into the wild if it is indeed a wild caught animal.
If there is a chance its an escaped pet you need to contact your local authority or snake catcher so they can attempt to locate the owner though from its behaviour it is more than likely WC.

Probably won’t eat the pinkie because it’s been catching live rats 5x the size :)

What you’re doing is illegal by keeping a wild animal, and can lead to a fine... (a fairly large one.)

As Paul said, you should put it back where you got it, and contact authority if you have concerns.

Heat rocks are also notoriously bad, and have uneven layers that cause certain parts to get way hotter than others

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back