Neelaps calonotus

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

raeraerahrah

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am trying to chase up information on the black-striped snake Neelaps calonotus. I am finding it very difficult and was hoping someone may be able to suggest a few information souces that would be helpful, such as books or websites. I am particularly interested in their taxonomy, distirbution, population, ecology, threats and suggested management for conservation. Any help, hits or advice would be much appreciated.

Found between Cataby and Mandurah in the Southwest. Isolated pop recently found in Dongara a fair bit further north. Egg layers. Skink feeders. Found in Coastal dunes, rarely seen on the surface. Most often found pit trapping or raking in spoil heaps or under fallen timber. Id expect biggest threat to be habitat destruction, a lot of the areas where calonotus are found are being flattened and developed.

Most books will have something in them, i dont think all the info your chasing is even available though. The distro. info was in "Reptiles and Frogs in the Bush: Southwestern Australia" by Bush, Maryan, Browne- Cooper and Robinson.

Jordan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back