New Animals for the Vic license

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zanejb

Reaction score
Just thought id ask what animals people would like to have assessed and added to the vic license and it could be anything you like as i was curious to know what animals we cant keep in victoria that people would like to have. input from other state herp owners would be great also, tell us what animals we should have lol. (blind snakes, leaf tailed geckos, rough scaled pythons lol)

(Just a reminder that this is only a thread made by myself and isnt a real gathering list for animals to actually be put onto the license.)

How is your curiosity about what people want (especially interstate keepers) got to do with having new animals on the Victorian License ??

We can keep all herps except crocs, sea turtles and sea snakes(and animals not available in captivity). I would really like to see native mamals able to be legally kept in the same way we are allowed to keep reptiles. In many states there are a few species already but we cant have any up here :(

sorry ive just noticed there are alot of people that say they wish hey had this or they wish they had that and i just thought id go through and ask what animals they would like to have here in victoria that they may not be able to have and i noted at the bottom of the page that this wasnt an actual gathering of animals to be assessed as new animals i just thought id ask if they would like it if they where added as "new" animals even though it may not necessarily happen.

Id even like some input of advanced license animals being changed to basic or even basic being changed to advanced (if this is even possable). ive heard alot of talk about womas being more popular and keepers are hoping they get changed to basic???? could be a rumour though.

i'd like turtles under 10cm put on the licence.

and a lizard or 2 moved from advanced to basic licence

I wish we could have sugar gliders up here in QLD lol, id LOVE ONE, and a ferret :)

If i was in victoria i would also want varanus panoptes(yellow spotted monitor) on the system, i think its completely stupid that they arnt legal. Im in Qld and i have some so its all good :p

so the QLD license is the same as NSW?

No not at all.

ahh ok yea i dont know much about the other states license systems as ive only ever kept my herps in vic and most of the info i look for about other states isnt as easy to find. whats the licensing for mammals in QLD? as in victoria (for those who dont know) you can keep birds, mammals, reptiles and amphibians all with the one licence (basic or advanced) but the number of animals kept is somewhat less than other states from what small amounts of info ive managed to find.

For vic I'd like to see some more gecko's added namely some rough knob tails. Rough scale pythons and a few more monitors wouldn't be bad as well.

yea i wouldnt mind some new geckos and more monitors, the short tailed monitor looks alright and of course the kimberly rock monitor is a favourite of mine lol

ah i thought someone would say that i wasnt refering the actual number of animals (say 10 pythons max) as there is no limit unless its an emu, i was refering to the number of species keepable like the number of different geckos we can keep is less than other states. does that make sense???

I think you should be able to keep anything native in ALL states. We can't keep crocs (freshwaters) but you guys can. I am so jealous, just as jealous as you who can't keep monitors that we have and Rough scales!!

a nation wide license would be great where no state misses out on what another state gets and so on so everyone is happy. id love a rough scale lol the price on them is rediculous but they remind me of my bredli here at home which happens to be my most favourite snake lol id like to see a bite produced by a rough scale actually.

ah i thought someone would say that i wasnt refering the actual number of animals (say 10 pythons max) as there is no limit unless its an emu, i was refering to the number of species keepable like the number of different geckos we can keep is less than other states. does that make sense???

Ah ok! I get ya :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back