New Eastern Blue Tongue Owner

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowballlz

Reaction score
Rutherford, New South Wales, Australia, Australia
Hi, I have recently aquired myself a reptile lisence a Bluey to go with it, I'm pretty exited about this new adventure as I have always wanted a repile but never acted apon it.
Now unfortunatly he is currently in a small 1.5 x 1.5 x 1foot old fishtank I had in the garage as I got him on a whim. On the plus side I'm currently building a 3 x 1.5 x 1.5 box for him, got a fair bit of it done tonight.
Any advice would be much apreciated, I have been reading heaps on this and other forums and from what I have put together I belive I'm heading in the right direction.
I do have picks but i'll hafto updae from my mobile.
The lighting I plan on using is a lowline fluro I found at bunnings and a spotlight also from bunnings, the biggest qusetions I have at the moment are where do you get the uv/uvb tubes from and digital thermomaters. I saw he heat lamps at my local pet store the other day when I picked up some crickets and frozen food for my fish question is do they fit into a standard spotlight fitting or should I have just gotten a normal light fitting for it?.
BA03FF9A-B1ED-4254-80DE-3760401B7F26-11689-000013253E214A11.jpg

The brace in the middle is just there for support at the moment until I decide how to set up the lid either hinged or solid and have sliding grass or mesh in the front.
3D5C47D9-8688-4BCD-B992-29208CBD9950-11689-00001325375DD24F.jpg

also I do have vents to install just not sure on location yet.

Last edited:
I can't be much help with advice on blueys (Don't worry, I'm sure others that can will chime in), just wanted to say welcome! And that is one cute little critter you've got there, haha any chance for a picture of him facing the camera?

Great start on the enclosure, I couldn't knock anything like that together so quick! It's good to see you're not wasting any time setting up a home for him.

Does the lil fella have a name yet?

It wasnt so hard to put the box together I got all the pannels cat to size for me at bunnings so all I had to do was glue and screw a 3D puzzle together. Its the first time ive had to use tools since highschool haha so somthing must have stuck.
I'll hafto get some pics of him tomorrow when I get him out for a bit of social interaction and maybe a treat :D he seems to like hiding alot at the moment in his twilight cup haha.

Here is acouple more progress pics of the box, ill probaly varnish tonight and tomoz, then wire it up tomorrow night.
C0A166A3-EEA1-467C-81CB-8E243ED55894-12156-000013B3EFDAB107.jpg

DDB2A479-4323-4652-9DEF-6CDC65AE7EF1-12231-000013C6C81916D9.jpg

i cant help you with blueys and what are you going to do on the top becaus if you move that wood it will most likely fall but dont listen to me as i said i dont know much about makeing or them why dont you post some pics of him

Hey ethapYtHn, the box is now glued and screwd all round, I decided to go with a solid top instead of a hinged lid and I'll just have access through the front.
This is how it sits at the moment, hafto wait till tomorrow to put the second coat on as the weather hear is crap and cold :(
E39E3F46-66B3-43B6-A1DD-803B73FD6EA0-275-0000002263CAA2DF.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back