Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Becca-Marie

Reaction score
Just wondering when everyone moves new snakes (hatchies in particular) into new enclosures after they get them?

I can't really say because I've only had a few, but when my black-headed python got too big for his click-clack (was longer than it in length) I moved him into a bigger enclosure. I think it's usually at about 1 year old, but depending on the species it could be sooner rather than later (or vice versa)
But I'm sure someone else on here with more experience can give you a better answer

Thanks just wondering what age or what time bracket they use.

Last edited:
+1 to Badsville, When it look's like it's out growing it's click clack, move it up or find a bigger tub.

Well yes that would make sense lol but im hoping to move my newest edition into his new enclosure before that, i like seeing them able to stretchout/climb/explore if the so choose. However i want to make sure he is well and truly settled before i go changing things and upsetting him.

Sent from my LG-P690f using Tapatalk 2

I moved my Jungle out of her click clack at 4 and a half months....... She was still small enough to stay in the click clack but the larger enclosure was completed and after moving her over for a few hours one day on 'day release' she didn't seem at all concerned so I left her in it. The enclosure was well set up with plenty of opportunities to hide and climb.

She didn't change in any way and just accepted her new home as if it were her old one.

I don't think all snakes are this easily moved around though.......but I have been lucky in that all of my snakes seem to be pretty cruisey......

Just put the snake in there and watch for signs off stress, not eating etc. Make sure there a plenty of tight hides so it feels secure.

All of the snakes I bought as hatchies went straight into large enclosures with plenty of spots to hide. None of them ever showed signs of stress and I had a click clack set up just in case.
My thoughts were that they find a spot in the wild where they feel safe and hide there so provided I had enough tight hides they would be fine, I just made sure not to disturb them too much and had the entrance to the hides facing away from the glass so they wernt disturbed when people walked past.

Im not saying every snake will be happy with that set up but mine seemed fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back