New Little Monsters

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilK

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Got a package in the mail today containing a pair of Urodacus manicatus. They're gorgeous, and tiny. Smallest scorpion I've owned.
There is a male and a female, and they're currently in the same tank. The female is completely ignoring the beautiful start of a burrow I dug her and is running around the tank like a headless chook, but the male is happily residing in his.

Here are some pics.

Tank and burrows:
mani001.jpg

mani003.jpg

mani004.jpg

Male:
mani007.jpg

mani008.jpg

manicatus007.jpg

Female - can anybody tell me if she is gravid? I tried to take a few shots of her belly:
manic001.jpg

manic004.jpg

manic007.jpg

manic009.jpg

manic010.jpg

manicatus001.jpg

manicatus002.jpg

manicatus003.jpg

manicatus004.jpg

manicatus005.jpg

manicatus007.jpg

Sorry for so many photos, but these guys are so cute I kinda went crazy.

EDIT: forgot to mention I got these guys from www.thegreenscorpion.com.au and continue to be amazed and very pleased at how quick and easy it is. Bylo runs a great little shop and I'll definitly continue to buy off him!

Cheers,
Phil

Last edited:
interesting little things,

can you tell male from female just by looking?

Great I was hoping she had babies brewing!

Whisper, yes you can. The male is a little smaller, but the best way to do it is underneath them they have these feathery things (pectines) they use to sense the ground. The female has really short pectines, and the males are noticeably longer.

This time I just looked at their sizes as she is fairly chunkier than him.

thanks for that, interesting creatures they must be.

Yeah it's getting crazy. Had a wolf spider in the mail today as well. Getting a male elongatus as soon as I can convince mum this will be the last one!

What do you feed them on? my nephews keep asking for scorpions, how hard are they to look after???

are all these creature in your epic tank?

i agree with abbott, philk zoo, $5 entry pass... only if your a midget

hahaahahhaha

how old are they? take a pic of one next to a coin or something i wanna see how small they really are

that is sooo cool Phil! :D they are cute. i have to convince dad not mum if i can get a couple of scorps. i already have a pede a snake crix lol

Funnily enough my dad is the one who really doesn't want me keeping them. Mum's the one that I go to when I need to convince them hahahah.

No idea how old they are Eerin, but they're mature. At the moment they're cuddled up in their burrows so I won't bother them, but I'll try and get a size comparison eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back