new live enclosure for jungle python. Build Log and photos

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
great work, been interested in its maintenance aspect as I believe it will work well as an ecosystem if it's setup correctly . Might be a bit of trial and error getting things balanced right but keep us updated to how it goes.

Looks good, but are those fake plants?
I'm guessing you only need the substrate to be living?

no.. he said that the plants on the wall are alive.. and he just has to water them separately..he also said that it is almost zero maintenance and all he has to do is top up the water and turn the soil every now and then

Great work, very inspiring!

I was at bunnings today and umming/arring over some ferns for my b&w jungle terrarium. I went with the fake but now I know it's possible.

Isnt it funny how you go to all that effort and it's favorite spot is the top crevice?
snakes are strange sometimes!

My jungle loves to sprawl out on her branch. Have you thought about a vine structure?

P.s. that photo is hoooooot ;)

(whoops, bumped!)

Last edited:
Hadn't seen this thread until now. Looks fantastic. Interested to hear how it's going as well.

Yeah, It would be good to see how it has held up over time.
Great enclosure by the way.

Also, how is she? ..the snake that is!

G'day guys, sorry no response kind of forgot about this thread!

The cage is really good, I was doing some work on it today. I have actually moved up to the NT now, and drove the whole way with the tank taking up the back seat of my navara. Kept the snakes in there the whole trip, they coped ok, just hung out in their favorite corners.
Unfortunately on the trip up most of the plants died :( (the rhododendron was the only survivor)

I just planted a few new plants today in there and I'm sure they will be fine. I now have the enclosure outside on my balcony, no point air conditioning the snakes and then heating them. So no more light on top and no heat lamps any more.

The whole ecosystem idea has worked really well, the snakes do their business in the tank, and I just turn the substrate over it. I have little Beatles living in the 'soil' and also tiny little something's eating away at any wood or leaf matter in the bottom. The snakes are both healthy, and it's amazing to see them actively engage their environment. When I put the new plants in they both spent the whole night and the morning cruising around playing in the new foliage etc.

Im even experimenting and I've chucked a few snow pea seeds into the tank to see if they will grow :p

If anyone has any more questions feel free to ask here or by pm.

Cheers,
Dan

Also, my older girl is over the length of the tank now ( I don't feed them too much)
And the boy is about half her length (and age).

Both shedding regularly, eating really well and i guess happy.

Last edited:
Hey insane,
I can't click your photos and see the larger view ? It's on flicker I created an account and it says there private ?
yeah mate I just embedded the photo's full size. No larger view.

Dan

Your creativity and thoughtfulness in this design is really inspiring. I would love to see you go into business, I reckon you'd make a real name for yourself. You haven't just given your snake an enclosure; you've given her a lifestyle.

:shock:
Can I have it?

That's awesome mate, wish I had the time and materials to do something like that! Awesome work ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back