New Photos of Green Cheek Conure (DUW)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilK

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
This is my green cheeked conure Archie. Got the camera out and went a bit snap happy so here are the results! He's such a great pet haha so much fun to have around.

This is his cage. Excuse the dirtiness of the bottom, just cleaned it after the photos!
IMG_5271.jpg

Mucking around in my room
IMG_5243.jpg

IMG_5246.jpg

IMG_5248.jpg

IMG_5255.jpg

IMG_5256.jpg

IMG_5258.jpg

Checking out the camera
IMG_5259.jpg

IMG_5268.jpg

IMG_5270.jpg

Playing outside - some of these are out of focus as I forgot to put the macro on until a bit later..
IMG_5308.jpg

IMG_5309.jpg

IMG_5310.jpg

IMG_5312.jpg

IMG_5313.jpg

IMG_5314.jpg

IMG_5315.jpg

IMG_5316.jpg

IMG_5317.jpg

IMG_5318.jpg

IMG_5319.jpg

IMG_5320.jpg

IMG_5321.jpg

IMG_5322.jpg

IMG_5323.jpg

IMG_5324.jpg

IMG_5329.jpg

IMG_5334.jpg

IMG_5335.jpg

IMG_5336.jpg

'Helping' take the washing down
IMG_5331.jpg

IMG_5332.jpg

IMG_5333.jpg

On his jungle gym in the kitchen after refusing a bath
IMG_5339.jpg

IMG_5340.jpg

IMG_5337.jpg

IMG_5338.jpg

Again, sorry for so many photos but I just love showing him off! Hope you enjoyed.

What a great home he has. He looks very well cared for. :) They love those bird beds dont they.

He has nice eyes. Does he like you scratching his belly? Im getting my bird soon and I want to get a bamboo plant so i can make foraging sticks and he can play in the leaves. What does he think of your reptiles?

Archie looks like such a character Phil :) How old is he and does he talk yet? You have taken some great pic's of him. I love the one of him on his back ..lol

Aren't they awesome little birds! Here's my 3 year old, Inti

IMG_0038.jpg

Photo0697.jpg

i saw a great movie called the parrots of telegraph hill or the birds of telegraph hill much recommended,
I lost my sun conure in a messy breakup gee i miss that bird it was so intelligent and funny to have around the polar opposite of the woman it came with.

He has nice eyes. Does he like you scratching his belly? Im getting my bird soon and I want to get a bamboo plant so i can make foraging sticks and he can play in the leaves. What does he think of your reptiles?
Nah he isn't too fussed on belly scratches but loves head scratches, on his cheeks, under his chin, his ears, his neck... He isn't allowed near my reptiles and they aren't allowed near him haha
Archie looks like such a character Phil :) How old is he and does he talk yet? You have taken some great pic's of him. I love the one of him on his back ..lol
Yeah he is an awesome character - was never a fan of birds as pets but he broke out of his cage and climbed my jeans at the pet shop and I bought him right then..
He is a bit over a year old.. we got him last winter at 8 weeks old.. he talks a bit but not really clear. He says "good boy Archie" "Archie" "Good boy" and "hello archie" - he has a habit of saying "good boy" when he's done something he knows we aren't pleased with!
He used to never let me put him on his back but now he will happily lie like that for 30seconds or so.. think he trusts me more now
i saw a great movie called the parrots of telegraph hill or the birds of telegraph hill much recommended,
I lost my sun conure in a messy breakup gee i miss that bird it was so intelligent and funny to have around the polar opposite of the woman it came with.
Bummer mate.. why did you give her the bird?!

r u worried that he will fly away even with the wings clipped?

ive got a sunny but have never taken him out side

Me too! I miss him. Green cheeks are so much quieter though- like my new partner :)

Flying away? Not if you clip the flight feathers of only one wing. Don't leave any outer primary feathers. That said, my Inti doesn't fly much with his wings unclipped and stays inside or in a cage outside sometimes.

Me too! I miss him. Green cheeks are so much quieter though- like my new partner :)

Flying away? Not if you clip the flight feathers of only one wing. Don't leave any outer primary feathers. That said, my Inti doesn't fly much with his wings unclipped and stays inside or in a cage outside sometimes.

True, clipping does reduce flight, but... It is surprising how good they can sometimes fly even with clipped wings. Whilst they wont be able to soar across the plains, they could potentially fly over a neighbours fence to become a tasty snack of a dog/cat etc.

r u worried that he will fly away even with the wings clipped?

ive got a sunny but have never taken him out side
Nah not worried about him flying off. Keep an eye on the feathers as when new ones come through they can start to flutter a fair way, especially from a high position. So we don't take him onto the verandah etc when that happens

NEVER clip the flight feathers on one wing.. it is important the bird has enough feather left to gently flutter to the floor and land, not spiral out of control onto the ground or thud down..

that was really nice and great job.. it show that work in that .. that's great

This is my little girl abby

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 133
do these birds make much noise and are they messy?

I want a bird with lots of personality and really amusing, but the missus says they are all way to noisy and make mess everywhere.

what gorgeous photos. u could have loaded 50000 of them and i would hav looked through everyone. i have a few parrots too. no conures though. but what a little cutey. i love that u take him outside, my cocky comes outside everyday for a play around in the yard and in the sun.

niceeee, my dad had his pair breed thiss season and had three succesfull little babies. just learning to fly now.

do these birds make much noise and are they messy?

I want a bird with lots of personality and really amusing, but the missus says they are all way to noisy and make mess everywhere.
Very quiet for birds. Only screeches very occasionally when he is being ignored. Bit of mess (spilt food) around his cage but we've trained him to poop on command etc so hardly ever get accidents.

what gorgeous photos. u could have loaded 50000 of them and i would hav looked through everyone.
Thanks very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back