New Pygmy Python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foozil

Reaction score
G'day,

I got this little adult male Pygmy Python (A. perthensis) yesterday, and I'm VERY happy with him! He's nice and tame, often pees on my hand, and is beautiful! Also quite cool that it's the smallest species of python in the world :D
Screen Shot 2017-12-28 at 4.52.05 pm.png
Screen Shot 2017-12-28 at 4.52.58 pm.png
[doublepost=1514440596,1514440450][/doublepost]Exploration:
Screen Shot 2017-12-28 at 4.54.48 pm.png
Iridescent(sorta):
Screen Shot 2017-12-28 at 4.56.06 pm.png

That’s really nice foozil,
so what sort of size does a adult female get if the males are only that small and do they stay slender like that or do they girth up with age a bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@richyboa72 - I'm pretty sure both genders stay the same size, apparently they can reach 80cm (this guy is 60cm) but I'm not sure if thats true or not. This is around their average size(?). They do stay this slender (he looks a bit chubbier in person :p )

Last edited:
That’s pretty cool then,in boas the male can be considerably smaller than the female that’s why I asked
So where is the Pygmy python native to with it being that small? They also look quite different from most pythons do they still have the heat pits as-well?

in dwarf boas there normally island species or like my Peruvian longtail boas are only found in the tumbes mountains in Peru and prefer it a lot cooler than most of the Central American cousins and also quite distinctive in colour
Sorry for asking so many questions

Cheers rich

Thanks for that foozil, was very informative, that really is small , I did a bit of research too and it says there often found in termite mounds ,suppose it’s a good way to stay cool in summer

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

@richyboa72 - I'm pretty sure both genders stay the same size, apparently they can reach 80cm (this guy is 60cm) but I'm not sure if thats true or not. This is pretty much as big as they get. They do stay this slender (he looks a bit chubbier in person :p )

60cm is about average but have been recorded up to 82cm ,personally observed by Adam Elliott,author of "a guide to Australian pythons in captivity" which is a great book :)

Years ago I made the decision to just keep morelia species but I think one day I will make an exception and get a couple of Perthensis.

Saw an adult for sale in the U.K. today for £400

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back