Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vengeance

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I just noticed that there was an introduction sub forum and thought I might as well introduce myself. I'm new to reptile keeping and what can I say? I can't believe I didn't start sooner! I've been interested in reptiles since I was a kid, but wasn't successful in persuading my dad that it was a good idea (not for trying though, I went as far as printing out an in depth guide to blueys and paperwork for the permit :lol:). It wasn't until recently that I took the step to keep my own, between having a nice sized unused fish tank sitting there and finding a blue tongue, plus a pair of pink tongue juveniles in our yard that I decided I wanted to get a permit.

I've had Gizmo, an Eastern Blue Tongue Lizard (Tiliqua scincoides scincoides) for less than a month and already I've looked at getting myself a python, as I find snakes to be rather graceful predators. So far I've taken a liking to the Darwin Carpets (Morelia spilota variegata), the Palmerston Jungles (Morelia spilota cheynei) and the Pilbara Stimsons (Antaresia stimsoni), all of which I'd love to eventually own.

That's pretty much it when it comes to reptiles. My other hobbies include gaming (I'm a fan of RPGs, Action/Adventure and Third person shooters), reading (with horror, crime, thriller and fantasy being my favourite genres) and cooking (chicken dishes are fun to cook). I'll probably lurk moreso than post on this forum, but with such a wealth of information available I can see myself visiting the forum quite often. :p

Welcome matey. Congrats on getting a bluetongue as your first reptile, they are awesome little guys and feel free to lurk as much as you need. There are some pearls of wisdom here and the only thing I can suggest is just check your facts before accepting them as word as there are a lot of different ideas out there and not all may suit your situation.

Welcome again, see ya around.

Welcome to APS, Blue tongues are a great starter lizard, I've got an Eastern blue tongue Lizard and love her to bits :D

Thank you for the warm welcomes SniperCap, Reptiles101, SteveNT and Ambush!

I'll certainly take that advice, SniperCap. Some of the things I've read regarding Blueys are fairly conflicting, especially regarding what foods are okay to feed (I've since located a comprehensive list of foods that even gives information on how often they should get it). So far I haven't run into any conflicting advice for pythons, but I'll be sure to cross reference when I do!

Blueys are great, so full of character! Gizmo can be a bit huffy, but once settled down, the lil guy can be such a gem. Can't wait until Gizmo gets bigger, currently 4-5months old and 23cm long. Not quite as big as the other siblings I saw, though the proportions seem fine.

Cheers. :D

Last edited:
hello and welcom
darwins and jungles are cooly cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back