New to Rockhampton region!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chiefwiggum

Reaction score
Hey guys, recently moved from Sydney to Rockhampton QLD, used to always herp in NSW, up the coast, Royal National Park, Blue Mountains etc even as far as Cobar NSW.

What kind of reptiles and amphibians will I see near Rockhampton? Let's say an hour or two in each direction. I've seen areas like Mount Morgan, Banana, but I really don't know anything about the area or which regions are worth visiting.

Thanks

Heaps to see in that region, head to byfield national Park and drive the roads after a storm on a hot day, also plenty of BHP and other cool stuff within a couple of hours heading west.

Thanks.

Have read about Byfield, what species are common to see there as of a night time? In Sydney I did alot of frogging on hot humid nights after rain.

What species will I see around Byfield, Stanwell, Marlborough etc

West of Rockhampton would be Stanwell, Dingo etc right?

Have seen some Pogona barbata, but saw plenty of them in Sydney, I did see a small monitor species in the caves area but unfortunately it was way too fast to even get a photo, only got blurry ones, was about 30cm I'm assuming tristis.

Plenty of Asian house geckos too lol

Thanks.

Have read about Byfield, what species are common to see there as of a night time? In Sydney I did alot of frogging on hot humid nights after rain.

What species will I see around Byfield, Stanwell, Marlborough etc

West of Rockhampton would be Stanwell, Dingo etc right?

Have seen some Pogona barbata, but saw plenty of them in Sydney, I did see a small monitor species in the caves area but unfortunately it was way too fast to even get a photo, only got blurry ones, was about 30cm I'm assuming tristis.

Plenty of Asian house geckos too lol
https://wetlandinfo.des.qld.gov.au/...ga-rockhampton&Kingdom=animals&Class=reptiles
I wouldn't mind going for a wander with you sometime. I have no friends in the area with any cold-blooded critter interest.

Back