Night Herping Pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanTheMan

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Went for a drive last night with "Bench_Warmer01" was pretty cold but still saw a bit, got photo's of 2 snakes, and a big GTF, and I think we saw a few snakes that were too quick for us.
There were frogs all over the road, could here a few of my favourite calling, Perons Tree Frogs, and Laughing Tree Frogs, plus others I dont know what they were.
Might be going up gain this Sunday, hopefully its warmer!

BTW, sorry they're quite big, cant be bothered resizing them all, takes too long.

Golden Crowned
Ozz133.jpg

Ozz135-1.jpg

Sorry a bit blurry, hard to get half decent pics in dark with a snake thats not keen to hang around.
Ozz136-1.jpg

Small Eyed
Ozz140.jpg

Ozz143-1.jpg

Green Tree Frog warming himself on teh road, saw a few.
Ozz145.jpg

Ozz148.jpg

Ozz150.jpg

Love the first picture of the Golden crowned,rearing up,saying come near me I will bite you,great picture...

Golden-crowned Snakes are always one of my favourites -- they display so nicely! I have not yet seen one this season near Wollongong but it should not be too long.

I can never get over the difference between small-eyed snakes in SE Qld and here in the Illawarra. Ours are small and show very little red. Those in your area are so much bigger and more colourful. They also seem so much more aggressive. I wonder whether any one has seriously studied their taxonomy?

Regards,
David

I can never get over the difference between small-eyed snakes in SE Qld and here in the Illawarra. Ours are small and show very little red. Those in your area are so much bigger and more colourful. They also seem so much more aggressive. I wonder whether any one has seriously studied their taxonomy?

Regards,
David

Iv noticed that in the Small Eyed's from pictures iv seen, although their bellies are normally quite pink here, that one had a white belly. Would be interesting to know!

I have seen many local small eyed snakes,and most have the orange to light pinkish belly,with black markings on it.. but latley I have found 2 adults with pure white bellys,and neither appeared to be coming into a pre-slough,Even on the coldest nights small eyed's appear to seek out the warmth of dirt roads, all the ones found recently have been gravid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back