no poos!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zoe

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hi everyone
my juvie diamond ate last friday and hasnt done a poo yet - so we're talking 5 days - and he usually goes after about 3. just wondering if this is still ok! he'sot that kind of fatness right up to the vent like he's gonna go but he's had that for a few days now. usually when that happens he goes pretty soon after.
thanx for ur help!

id say he is constipated. a mate of a mate had this prob i think it was for a few more days but , they went back to where they got it and the dude aplied presure some where and hay presto...poo time!!

Zoe,
Don't think you need worry, sometimes snakes like people just aren't regular!
If you are still concerned you can run a bath of warm water, just a couple of inch's and let your snake have a swim around, making sure you are there watching that it doesn't make an escape, works well to loosen things up and get the motions going again, if after a few days you are still concerned, then you could give it some codliver oil via a tube, this is probably a procedure that you shouldn't attempt if you have never tubed a snake before.

I really think that given a few more days the snake will go by it's self, but if you are concerned try the bath tub method.

Neil

I wouldn't worry too much if he hasen't eaten anything unusual and isn't impacted...I have a beardie who somtimes goes 2 weeks or more without pooping and he is fit as a fiddle and eats like a horse...it's just him...he just poops bigger and better less often :lol:

thanx guys
neil, he HATES water so i might leave him for a few more days and see how he goes! we are having occasional dunking therapy to try and get him more used to it lol

Zoe, try taking it out on the lawn for 15/20 mins never fails to stimulate them. :D

thanx neil :D

lol wattso i have no lawn!
just concrete here :?
i've heard sometimes handling can stimulate things tho so maybe i'll get him out tonight for a careful cuddle lol

A yearling female childreni came into our hands late last year, she was feeding fortnightly on mouse hoppers, we kept her on this feeding schedule for a few weeks until she'd settled in then. We then raised the amount to one adult mouse per week. But during the fortnightly hopper feeding, she would retain most of the poop to get all that goodness out of it before letting it go. Sometimes holding onto it until after her next feed.

Yea, don't worry. It would be unusual for my python to go to the toilet before 5 days after eating. He usually goes a week + before pooing. Especialy when it's a large food item.

omg he just let everything rip!
i took him out of his cage and he was soooooooo puffed up and i mean REALLY REALLY puffy and i was pretty sure i could feel a plug so i called the vet and made an appt (paranoid? YES :oops: ) he said i should soak him anyway and after about 40 mins in the saucepan he started straining and out popped this MASSIVE white kidney waste or whatever that is :? plus some poo and a s#$t load of pee. it was kinda cool and very calming to see him literally deflate as he got it out tho!
thanx for ur help everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back