Normal pooping?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

roobars

Reaction score
Ok, First of all sorry for the post in the other section - rookie error....

Second of all -

My 6 month old MD is pooping a small runny poo seemingly every night since I got him last friday. He has been fed on pinky rats for the last 10 weeks or so. Could this be a lack of solids in his diet? or a sign of something worse?

Or am I worrying like a tard?

Hard to say at this point. It's likely that the snake is older than 6 months, not too sure about MDs but they would normally hatch earlier in the year. Change to mice (medium to adult will be fine for a 6mo MD) and see if the bowel movement firms up and becomes less frequent. The fur and bones will be more beneficial anyway than a pulpy pink rat.

if you're not experienced, you won't know what a healthy snake turd smells like, but if it has a strong very objectionable odour, it may have a parasitic infection, but this is usually accompanied by a reluctance to feed. If the appetite is good, change to mice and see how it goes. If the appetite is poor, all you need to do is take a fresh (<24hrs) stool sample to a vet who can diagnose any parasitic problem. Don't bother taking the snake.

Jamie

Thanks mate, I will go buy some mice. He has only fed once with me so far, so I will try a mouse first then a pinky if he doesn't go for it.

As for the age, I am unsure, but His first feed attempt is logged at 24/5th which has a cross on it, the next attempt is 6/6 also has a cross on it... the rest have ticks and are dated up to the time I acquired him

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back