Not extinct Selenotypus sp.3

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bylo

Reaction score
This is my Selenotypus sp.3 which hasn’t been found in the wild for over 6 years and had believed to be wiped out buy illegal collectors.:cry:

During our studies of wild Tarantulas we have been involved in the finding of a new population of these rare spiders.

Here are a couple of pictures for you to enjoy

Attachments

• 2005_0108TMr0005.JPG
    2005_0108TMr0005.JPG
    217.3 KB · Views: 151
  • 2005_0108TMr0003.JPG
    2005_0108TMr0003.JPG
    176.6 KB · Views: 136
  • 2005_0108TMr0009.JPG
    2005_0108TMr0009.JPG
    189.5 KB · Views: 167
yes we will try to create a captive breeding program for this species to secure its survival.

this is a large female

We have taken a few for a breeding program; surprisingly there is a large population of them in the location we found them.
The location will not be released to any one

oooh,you don't happen to be selling any are you bylo?ther the most stunning Tarantula in the world! and can't believe mine died...:cry:

Last edited:
Hi reptilegirl_jordan! :)
they were thought to have been extinct from the wild,not an extinct Tarantula.. ;)I myself had a sling until a couple of months ago,then it died :cry: and I know of a couple people with them.....:D

Excuse my ignorance - and laziness in not looking it up myself - but what makes a tarantula a tarantula - it looks a heck of a lot like the huntsman (I suppose I call all big brown spiders huntsmen...) I had to remove from my inlaws car on the weekend... It was very hairy, which I am unused to.

they had been basicly wiped out in the only previously known locations but still probably a few remote areas that should have good populations, generally the case with t's, easy to access areas have very sp**** populationg from over collection and the more remote inaccessable areas still support viable number,s awsome looking t

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back