NSW Game Council & Firearms

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree with some of your points but i do think your going just slightly over the top , i personally dont think there out to abolish all hunting in NSW there not going to try and stop old bill and bob from shooting a fox or rabbit on their property , if they ever do i will gladly eat my words

you earlier said that we in nsw are protecting ferals like foxes etc , can you please show me any kind of document thats says any type of introduced species is protected within our state ?
just because there not listed as feral doesnt automatically mean there protected , perhaps you need to get a better understanding of what a protected species is , because as far as i know i can still shoot any rabbit or fox i see on any land that i have permission by the land holder to shoot in

That's all well and fine thomasssss and I appreciate your points.

The way I see it (not that I should care as this is NSW legislation that I'm talking about and I live in Vic) but if you're preventing the shooting of feral animals on public land then you are effectively protecting it. National Parks and Reserves and State Parks etc have been sanctuaries for feral pest species for decades thanks to the Greens and like-minded Anti's (So no wonder the problem is well out of control). Private land and shooting is governed by land size with those figures diminishing all the time.

You might want to check again with your local cop shop to whether you're doing the right thing and not breaking the law shooting where you are.

As far as I'm concerned if you can't remove something like a feral pest from the other 765 other National Parks etc - it's protected! Plain and simple. You can't do anything about them being there. You can't trap them, poison them or shoot them. Hell, you probably can't even pat them. So what are they? They're Protected! Please explain to me how they aren't?

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, If off shooting the bloody pest mongrels tomorrow :D Anyone else doing their bit? ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, just to add:

you earlier said that we in nsw are protecting ferals like foxes etc , can you please show me any kind of document thats says any type of introduced species is protected within our state ?

What sort of nuff-nuff State allows this sort of crap to go on?

http://www.sydneyfoxrescue.com/adoptafoxnsw/

Whats the difference between owning a fox as a pet and owning a cat as a pet?

As far as I'm concerned if you can't remove something like a feral pest from the other 765 other National Parks etc - it's protected! Plain and simple. You can't do anything about them being there. You can't trap them, poison them or shoot them. Hell, you probably can't even pat them. So what are they? They're Protected! Please explain to me how they aren't?
/
haha no it doesnt , a protected animal is something like a snake for a simple example , i can not ( technically anyway we all know this particular example has too many loop holes ) just decide that i want to kill a snake that i see passing through my land , i can however shoot any feral animal i see and it is fine

the fact you cant shoot ANYTHING (and anything being a very very key word here ) in national parks anymore doesn't mean they are protecting the ferals within that area , it means they dont allow ANYTHING to be hunted in that area

i thought you may bring up the adopt a fox thing , i dont know a great deal about ti , just that its not a government run program and that there not exactly catching foxes so they can relocate them to "safer ground" either , there catching them and removing them from the wild into captive programs ? if they do relocate them then thats a different kettle of fish

Ahh it's all a little too convenient to me, the whole thing. I understand what you're saying Thomassss but I feel (and maybe Peters right, perhaps I'm just paranoid) that things are changing for the worse in NSW as far as pest/feral management. They were never much good at it before, now it's looking a whole heap worse. Oh well, thought I'd see if I could get some opinions of NSW shooters, but as usual they remain too quiet.

Thanks for the input guys.

Btw there isn't much of a difference in my mind with cats or foxes. The only difference is we're naturally complacent with cats.

Ahh it's all a little too convenient to me, the whole thing. I understand what you're saying Thomassss but I feel (and maybe Peters right, perhaps I'm just paranoid) that things are changing for the worse in NSW as far as pest/feral management. They were never much good at it before, now it's looking a whole heap worse. Oh well, thought I'd see if I could get some opinions of NSW shooters, but as usual they remain too quiet.

Thanks for the input guys.

Btw there isn't much of a difference in my mind with cats or foxes. The only difference is we're naturally complacent with cats.
I don't see a problem with foxes being kept as pets spayed and locked up in the suburbs of sydney, they are hardly a threat to native wildlife and stock there.
In saying that I will still still shoot wild ones on sight just as I would for wild cats and dogs.

I just looked up recent legislation regarding feral animals and firearms in NSW. Thats all that was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back