NSW to Qld

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleHiss

Not so new Member
Reaction score
So I've purchased and still have six Central Bearded Dragons. They were all bought in NSW and are on a NSW license.
We are moving to Queensland in a bout a month, and I have no idea about what to do in terms of licensing for the Beardies when we move. I HAVE looked on the licensing sites for NSW and Qld (Qld's website is a bit rubbish and confusing and lacks information) and neither site says what to do when moving. I've spoken to other people, and,, taking their words with a pinch of salt, they've told me that licensing in Qld is basically non-existent for most pythons and lizards and even the least dangerous monitors (one even claimed that saltwater crocodiles were able to be purchased without a license :shock: ).

I need to know what to do in terms of licensing for the beardies I have, and what species of reptiles don't require a license in QLD. I would have asked this sooner, but amidst the mayhem of organising moving etc it has only just been thought of until recently which is not great at all, I know :oops:.

All reptiles need to be on licence in QLD. You can apply for a QLD licence online. Your licence is emailed to you instantly. I would apply for one shortly before you move.
You will need to do an export permit from NSW (online and instant) and you will need to do a Movement advice (online and instant) to put them on to your QLD licence.

I just did this recently (a month ago) for my darwin python. You first need to get a QLD reptile licence. Then get export permit, and a movement permit too. Like mummbear has said, these are all instant and emailed to you.

License is about 69 dollars I think? Export permit is free and the movement permit was about 14 dollars.

I reccomend using a company to fly your reptiles with. They are called Dogtainers and they do a fantastic job at making sure they are insulated and safe.

Go Maroons!!!

Oh, what? Wait, nothing to do with State of Origin :oops:

I can recommend Dogtainers as well. 6 years ago we purchased a Chihuahua from a breeder in Newcastle and had him flown down to Melbourne via Dogtainers. He arrived safely, all nice and warm.

- - - Updated - - -

I found this it may be of use.

They have 40+ years of experience too, shipping all kinds of animals from horses to guinea pigs and live rats. I was looking at jetpets for awhile, but next to Dogtainers.... I dunno they looked dodgy xD

To move into QLD you will need to apply for a license. Online is the easiest way if you have access to a credit card. You get given a license number straight away so you can then apply for permits.

https://www.derm.qld.gov.au/rwl/faces/jsp/login.jsp

Next you will need to apply for a movement permit since you are moving with your animals and fill out an electronic movement advice (EMA). Both forms can be found on this page as well as the schedule of fees so you know how much it will cost.

http://www.ehp.qld.gov.au/licences-...ldlife/moving_native_and_exotic_wildlife.html

You will need to organise a NSW export permit and after you have moved you will probably have to contact your NSW licensing department to cancel your NSW license.

QLD has a really good species list and most species fall under a basic license.

Good luck with your move.

Thankyou! And we'll be driving with them as we also have three dogs, one of which is a service dog and must be with me all the time and I don't think she's quite ready to take on flying to Qld just yet as she's still in training. So we'll be driving anyway, so I thought I might as well take the whole crew and save them and me and my family the stress of shipping, but I will be looking for another service dog in the near future, and it may well need to be shipped from a different state, so having the name of a great animal transport company is really helpful also. Thanks again!

They have 40+ years of experience too, shipping all kinds of animals from horses to guinea pigs and live rats. I was looking at jetpets for awhile, but next to Dogtainers.... I dunno they looked dodgy xD

Jetpets are great maybe better than dogtainers but each to their own opinion

In relation to permits etc 1 you need a recreational licence for QLD export permits for NSW were about $120 i think but QLD movement advise is free and online

Thankyou! And we'll be driving with them as we also have three dogs, one of which is a service dog and must be with me all the time and I don't think she's quite ready to take on flying to Qld just yet as she's still in training. So we'll be driving anyway, so I thought I might as well take the whole crew and save them and me and my family the stress of shipping, but I will be looking for another service dog in the near future, and it may well need to be shipped from a different state, so having the name of a great animal transport company is really helpful also. Thanks again!

Great then all you need is your QLD licence and a movement permit! When I spoke to them they guy I spoke to said if driving you dont need export permits. But you do need movement advice permit :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back