Oscar's first bath...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saz

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Gave him his first bath today, had to change the water as he couldn't help but poop!! I totally understand now why you give beardies a luke warm bath when they're impacted/constipated!!

Not sure he particularly enjoyed it, but he tolerated it and is now very clean!! Although he could easily stand up in it he sort of floated along for a while, before giving me the 'I'm finished now' stare.

100_5081.jpg

100_5086.jpg

100_5083.jpg

100_5087.jpg

100_5079.jpg

No flash
100_5091.jpg

Beautiful beardie saz, but he looks p*&#ed!! Love his colours!!! Exquisite!

He tends to trapse through his poo and gets it all over his tail, so until he learns to keep himself clean he'll have to put up with it LOL!! It was quite funny though as after I lifted him out he deflated himself like a balloon!!

Such a nice beardy, are you looking at getting him a girlfriend?

Yes Jordo, he has a loan girlfriend, but I am trying to find him a permanent girlfriend or two. Let me know if you hear of any!! Seems lots of people are looking for them at the moment though.

The white patch on his leg is white out which URS put on him to identify which one he was. It should come off with time.

:0)

Yeah being breeding season females will be hard to find, I don't keep beardies anymore but I'll let you know if I hear of any up for sale, are you after similar red/orange ones, or just any old beardy?

I'd be SO interested to see what came out of a pairing with a similarly coloured female, but I'll consider anything at this stage, thanks Jordo, really appreciate it. :0)

hey sarah, i love the colours. absolutely gorgous, i too am trying to find another beardie for mine. here is spike having a bath. somtimes he swims like a fish round and round and round under water, its so much fun to watch.

Attachments

• IMG_0011.jpg
    IMG_0011.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 83
Awww Mel, what a beauty!!! My fella wasn't overly impressed, but he didn't freak out. Hoping he will get used to it and eventually learn to relax and have a swim. Did 'he' turn out to be a girl or a boy?

:0)

The fifth photo looks like he's going 'Do You Mind?? I'm Wiping Myself Here!'

What a cool looking creature...a bit like a crab crossed with a lizard....LOL!

Oscar looks like he has tonnes of personality!

WOW! That looks fantastic!! I didnt realise bearded dragons turned colours like that! Is that like a growing stage colour? or a youngin' colour? wow.

WOW! That looks fantastic!! I didnt realise bearded dragons turned colours like that! Is that like a growing stage colour? or a youngin' colour? wow.

He's a fully grown adult, around 4 yrs old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back