Outdoor Enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChewyMonster

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of providing an outdoor enclosure for my blue tongue and central bearded dragon. Currently they are both indoors all day and it would be nice for them to get some real sunlight. If I provide a sunny spot and shade with some hidey holes/logs etc what temperatures can I put them outside in? Does it need to be the same as what I keep their indoor enclosures at or can they tolerate a lower temperature if they are in full sunlight for short periods? I am going to use snake/mouse proof wire and have it fully enclosed to keep them safe. Thanks for your help

First important thing is your location. If it's not an area that is where or simlar to where they are found natively(CBD's as blueys are fine) then keeping them outside with no artificial heat source or extra shelter is probably not a good idea.

That makes sense. My bluey should be ok (well when it gets warmer, still a bit chilly at the moment). As for the dragon, well I guess it will have to be an occasional treat when the temperature is high enough outside. He should be ok in summer. The area I have in mind for them is quite sheltered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back